FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Throw It

Author Topic: Throw It
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
How far can you Throw It?

My best: 234319

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
138722, and I must say that it is the most boring game I have ever experienced.

Is there a point?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

No, I was just really, really bored.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My best: 129546

It's harder than it looks. What's your method?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I just topped 85k, and I'm going to sleep.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
This thing is at 275,000 and it's still going....I'm "playing" it in another window. I'm going to bed, the point of this escapes me.

It stopped at 284,914. I dont even know how it happened...

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 

With this game you really can't say you're doing anything else than just wasting time... [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
79484. And I don't even want to think about the laws of physics this violates. Make it go farther by throwing it higher?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
It's like the penguin game!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

198.4 This one is more fun. And cute!

edit: now 308.3 [Smile]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

How the crap did you hit it 420? I can BARELY break the 320 mark.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Finally! I hit 320.5
This is so weird but I could do this for quite a while. I'm going to try and break 420.5! [Smile]

Bah! I give up-at only 323.5. [Grumble]

[ August 22, 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Treason ]

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 

For the penguin game. Yeah. Really!

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
323. I miss the juiced-up version of the penguin game. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I can't get to 6 digit numbers in the throw game.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
49445... ok but can I get neopoints for it?
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
A little known fact of the throw game....after you throw it and it says "new personal record! reset"....you can throw it again and it will just keep adding to your record. Lameness.
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
I love this game.
Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] You would.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Stopping the penguin thing at 323.5... I think the 420.5 was a typo. [Evil]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
2147483648 on the penguin one. Seriously.

If you want to know how to get it, open a new copy of the window (it'll only work on the first swing edit: nevermind, it works on further swings), click once to start the penguin down, then click to swing right as the penguin is passing out of where you can hit it.

There's a variable underflow problem (due to the way the distance is stored, if it tries to put in a negative number you instead get a very large positive number; the largest that variable could store if the number is negative one).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

ahhhh 214748.... I got it! [No No]
That's cheating! [Razz]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
(Oh, and I know what the digits you can't see are because its 2^31).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Ok, you must be really good at math.
I am not.

[Laugh] Treason, math moron.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
Originally posted by akhockey:
A little known fact of the throw game....after you throw it and it says "new personal record! reset"....you can throw it again and it will just keep adding to your record. Lameness.

Hmmm... that didn't work for me.

My personal best is 302254 but I wasn't able to add to it. Is it because I'm using Firefox?

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a cool game.

Hey, speaking of flash games- do any of you know where 3D Pong from addictinggames.com went? I used to play that all the time- it now doesn't have a link from the website, and the actual webpage- I've found it a few times, no longer contains the game! Now all they have is curveball. [Grumble]

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Nope, but I found Ping Pong 3D. I'll keep looking though.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Wait, is this more along the lines of what you were talking about?
Treason
Member # 7587

ohhhhh that was cool.
?
Member # 2319

Anyone up for some more mindless distance games?

Spear Toss

Best: 533.959 (without a foul)

?

Yes, it's another boring night.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That crazy vertical ping-pong (my brother calls it Gnip-Gnop "ganip-gahnop") was addictive! I played for almost an hour.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Ah, that spear toss is addicting.

535.005 (padawon 3rd place score whoo hooo!)

Treason
Member # 7587

So far, the highest I got was 520.474. Thanks a lot ?, for giving me something else inane to do on the computer!
Now 527.924

kojabu
Member # 8042

I got something over 600,000 but I fouled.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.