FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do we really need another Zorro movie?

Author Topic: Do we really need another Zorro movie?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the movies today and saw a trailer for a new Zorro movie. It's called The Legend of Zorro and stars Antonio Banderas as Zorro. Catherine Zeta-Jones plays his wife. Has anyone else seen this trailer?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
How many movies do we really need?
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
The first one was fun IMO, and I think it did well in the box-office so it only makes sense that they're making a sequel to it...
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I secretly love Antonio Banderas. So, as a friend of mine once said about this movie: "Cool! [Smile] "
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to believe that you're talking about me. [Cool]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually seen a Zorro movie. But I kind of like Antonio Banderas, so this looks like as good a one to start with as any. [Dont Know]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I encourage this pairing - they're both smokin' hot. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
For those who think this looks good and haven't seen the 1998 Mask of Zorro, I recommend it. Same two leads, plus Anthony Hopkins as the aging Zorro who trains Banderas as his replacement. Fun, fluffy action flick with a "passing on the legend" theme that I enjoy.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, yes. We obviously need another Zorro movie. Antonio Banderas is amazing. And anything with swords and swirling black capes along with amazing accents has to be good.

why would you even ask?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Zorro? Swords? Action? Adventure? Bad Mustaches? Catherine Zeta Jones?

Whats NOT to look forward to?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. We do.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I for one enjoy gratuitous Hollywood Sequels as much as the next movie-junkie, but another Zorro flick?

okay, I'll confess, you had me at Catherine Zeta Jones. [Smile] Go ahead and call me shameless if you want.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armageddon
Member # 8526

- posted      Profile for Armageddon   Email Armageddon         Edit/Delete Post 
Shameless!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
>>Do we really need another Zorro movie?

Like we need to breathe, make love, and be kind.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Any excuse to put Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones on screen is good enough for me.

Now if the casting directors would only take up my suggestion that CZJ play Wonder Woman . . . [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! She'd be GOOD!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Epictetus:
okay, I'll confess, you had me at Catherine Zeta Jones.

Indeed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Pussim' Boots!
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking forward to it, I enjoyed the first one.

Sid, if they had a cat do the Pussin'Boots face in this movie, I'd just fall over laughing.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Like we need to breathe, make love, and be kind.
[ROFL]

Sword movie. Of COURSE we need another one. Hell, when we were learning parries in fencing, you start out with the Zorro "Z" to remember what's where.

Top left of Z: four
Top right of Z: six
Bottom left of z: seven
Bottom right of z: eight

[Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
^ What everybody else said. Of course we need another Zorro movie. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
The world always needs more swashbuckling hero movies.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I love Antonio Banderas, I enjoyed the first movie, and as a completely straight woman, I believe Catherine Zeta-Jones to be extraordinarily beautiful.

So, IMHO, yes.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and as a completely straight woman, I believe Catherine Zeta-Jones to be extraordinarily beautiful.
I've never seen a woman qualify that kind of statement before. In my experience, all women are perfectly comfortable stating that other women are beautiful.

Woman A: That [actress] is so beautiful.
Woman B: Yeah, she is!
Woman C: She is, but [other actress] is more beautiful.
Woman A: Yeah, she's really pretty, too.

It's usually the men who have to qualify, thus:

Man A: I'm not gay or anything, but that [actor] is kind of a good-looking dude.
Man B: Dude, are you gay?
Man A: No, I just said I ain't gay.
Man C: Ha ha! You want to [dirty verb] [actor].
Man A: [dirty verb] you, man.
Man B: Yeah, you'd like to, wouldn't you, gay boy?
[fist fight ensues]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hey Sam, you know I'm taking fencing, too right? I just wasn't sure if I told you or not. Fun stuff.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Better another Zorro movie than another Star Trek Movie.

Those are so painfully arthritically creaky that I cringe.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Free Zorro, the Gay Blade"

--google ad at bottom of this page. [Laugh]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, didn't you know he is a political prisoner?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about that.

All I know is that if anyone is freeing a gay blade, I'd rather not be watching. [Eek!]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ... Zorro the Gay Blade was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Come on,the gay blade was great!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.