FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Serenity World Premiere (now with some pictures!)

Author Topic: The Serenity World Premiere (now with some pictures!)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous of the folks that got to be there in Scotland, but it sounds like they were many and very loud. [Smile]
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/features/festival/edinburgh2005/day56.asp

http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment.cfm?id=1827162005

I just hope the movie is well-received by the critics and gets a lot of good publicity from this.

By the way, there's a not-so-private screening of Serenity TOMORROW (8/24) in NYC. It starts at 6pm and here's the address: 1998 Broadway, at 68th StreetNew York, NY 10023. The first 300 in line get in for free.

[ August 24, 2005, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Serenity?
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] Sick day?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd drive to New York to see it, but I'm saving that trip for when I go see Spamalot in December. I'll just have to wait patiently.

Also, It's number one on IMDB's poll of the day from yesterday, the question was "what movie are you most looking forward to this fall?"

Edit to Add: LWW and GoF weren't on the poll.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd do it if I knew someone was there that could tell me we had tickets for sure.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Edit to Add: LWW and GoF weren't on the poll.
That would be because the poll asked only about the month of September.

Not too much longer now until it comes out in theatres. Happy happy, joy joy.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
How many screening were there? It seems like so many people will have already seen it by the time it comes out in theaters.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does this film make me giddy with excitement? Why?

September 20th cannot come soon enough. =(

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
September 20th cannot come soon enough. =(
Neither can the 30th, which is the release date. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies*
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

On a positive note, I've only seen half the series.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Jaime, there were over 60 screenings back in June to get the buzz going. I wasn't a fan back then, so I missed them. [Big Grin] Which means I'll be all surprised and giddy on the night of the 30th.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I *am* a fan, and could have seen it three times over by now, but elected not to because (a) I'd much rather see the finished version, and (b) I'd much rather see it with FRIENDS on opening day rather than going to some late-night showing where I didn't know anyone.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

BTW, if you're still thinking of doing this, the Browncoats over on the forum seem to have less than 80 who have committed to going, so I'm sure there will be a spot if you get there before 5pm. I hope they can fill it up.
Narnia
Member # 1071

http://monkeys.smugmug.com/gallery/754543

A whole bunch of pictures of the cast at the premiere. [Big Grin]

And here's a really great review of the movie found in the Scotsman. [Smile] (There are minor spoilers in the review, but nothing plot revealing.)

*grins*

fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
For reference, the screening wasn't that obviously unfinished, and it is well worth seeing more than once. Even though I know how it goes/ends, I am pumped for the actual release.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

Lot of gushing fan reviews from IMDB...
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Smile] I hope the general public likes it as much as the fans do. I somehow doubt it, but if they like it even 60% as much as most of the fans do, we'll be in business for a sequel I think.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.