FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Decoupage on a Wall

Author Topic: Decoupage on a Wall
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
. . . anyone know how to do it? I mean, okay, glue the papers to the wall, then cover with . . . what? Laquer? Some kind of sealant? Is this impossible?
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen decoupage on a wall. They used decoupage medium, then spray-on varnish afterward.

Remember to sand your wall a bit first to allow the medium to absorb better. And I wouldn't try it with a plaster wall.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Decoupage medium can be found at craft stores, if that's what you're asking. One brand name is Mod-Poge. Spelling may be off, I'm remembering from Girl Scouts as a kid. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Mod Podge.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ooooh, yeah. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Personally, I never spend the money on store-bought decoupage medium, when you can get the same effect with white glue and water.)

(At least, I can.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wonderful - I'll look for that. I want to put old pieces of sheet music up on some of the walls in my new music room. So we're not talking small pieces of paper, and I'm not planning to let much of the wall show between the pieces (though now that I think of it, that might be really interesting, hmm).

edit - links added!

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, yay for house photos! Decoupaged music room sounds sooo awesome! I am so excited for you guys!

Speaking of which, what is the update on the new house. When do/(did?) you close? I've been really out of touch lately and have been meaning to email you.

Edit: I am SO jealous of your huge kitchen! (and yes, your bathroom placement is a bit odd *grin*)

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Nice house! I love the kitchen, too. And, you know, having an extra bedroom to put hobby stuff in (mine would be a sewing/music room-- sewing table on one side, instruments on the other.)
ElJay
Member # 6358

I would space the sheet music randomly, with quite a bit of space showing between, and add some squares and rectangles of gold or silver leaf paper to the mix. Add a bit of a gilded look to it. Unless, of course, that's totally not what you're going for. [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(In which case, you could use pretty origami or scrapbooking papers instead.)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.