FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Going down to Ohio

Author Topic: Going down to Ohio
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello ya'll!

I'm going to be away from Hatrack for about a week. Going to my family farm in Hicksville (real name) Ohio, Defiance County.

It's fair week! Woo hoo! Animals and tractors and bands oh my!

Take care all.
Hugs and kisses.
[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hicksville in Defiance County.

Wow. [Big Grin]

Have fun, though, for real!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Where is that? I'm in Ohio...
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup! The two Hicks brothers came over and founded two towns... that one in NY and the one I'm going to right now.
I often wonder if the term "hick" came from that little farming town by New York City.
quote:
Where is that? I'm in Ohio...
It's in the upper north west corner of the State.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
when are you heading that way exactly?? I live about 15 mins. southeast of Toledo...
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
when are you heading that way exactly?? I live about 15 mins. southeast of Toledo...
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Ooooops... sorry Botalady. [Frown]
Didn't get your post in time.
You me and Noeman need to hang next time I'm down that way. Peace.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the Dayton area, myself, so quite a way from where you were. Still, next time you're in the state let me know.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

My cousin is in Dayton college.. or is that university?

Anyway... Dayton isn't that far.. just like 2 hours or something from Detroit.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.