FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Request: a prayer or two

Author Topic: Request: a prayer or two
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all - I know I'm mostly a lurker here, but I have a favor to ask. Our dog, Sweetpea, is in Doggie ICU. She's our kid. Really and truly, and some people may not get that but it's the truth. She's been very sick. We almost lost her Monday. She has bleeding in her GI tract, and her red blood cell level (hematocrit) was down to 11% yesterday morning. They had to do a transfusion - two units - and when she was strong enough, they did an endoscopy yesterday afternoon. They've found the problem - an ulcerated area, kinda large, around her pyloric valve in her tummy. The vet started her on anti-ulcer meds, gave her barium, and her bone marrow is working overtime. She's stopped actively bleeding in her stomach, her hematocrit is rising (up to 27% at lunch today) and we're waiting now to find out what the results of the endoscopic biopsis show. We're looking at cancer, a fungal infection, or some other unknown source of irritation. All my hubby and I want at this point is for it to be something we can manage, so we can bring our baby home and she can continue to live a good long life. If you have time, and are so inclined, please say a prayer for her. Thanks for reading this far if you made it. I appreciate your time.

Here's a pic of our angel:
Sweetpea

Sorcha (the gryph)

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww...she's a realy cutie. Good thoughts going out to her, you, and your hubby.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~~~~~Sweetpea~~~~~~~
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
A cocker spaniel? (looks like my sister's dog)

You have my heartfelt prayers and good wishes for her recovery.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
she's half cocker and half chow - mutts are the best! We're off to see her for our afternoon visit. Thanks again for your time, thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
She's gorgeous.

*good thoughts, prayers, and hugs*

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
*good thoughts*
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, for you and the doggie....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you can do it, Sweetpea!

And Gryphonesse, I think a lot of people here will get it. I feel for you.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel for you. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. May Sweetpea get better soon.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

WOOOOO HOOOOO!

Thanks to EVERYONE - your prayers and well wishes really did make a difference. The biopsy reults are in, and Pea has Irritable Bowel Disease, complicated by a heliobacter infection. This is ALL TREATABLE. There's an 80% success rate, and she's responded really well to all the treatments so far. She should get to come home tomorrow morning!!!!! Now that we know what's causing the ulcers, we can start to control it - she'll be on a hypo-allergenic diet (very strict, no treaty-bites!) and medication to help the ulcerated area heal. We'll of course be watching her closely, and this will be an ongoing thing, but SHE'S GONNA BE OKAY. That's what counts, and it wouldn’t have happened without all of your prayers and support. James and I can never ever thank you enough. Our kiddo's gonna make it!

Thanks again to all of you
Xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

Sorcha & James

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! I just now saw this, but I wanted to tell you that I'm so glad she's going to be coming home soon!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.