FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When you simply can't wait till morning . . .

Author Topic: When you simply can't wait till morning . . .
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Link
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's neat-o. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. I'm stunned.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Incredibly cool. I hope they get them here. Install them in the train stations! Then I can stop at the vending machines for water and a book on my way home from work.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Tres bonne idee.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
That is way too neat.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that they'd never have what I wanted to read.

But at least they'd have something I wouldn't mind reading....

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister is going to Paris next week, maybe she can find one.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
When you simply can't wait till morning
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
>_<
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, you've got that soap-in-the-eyes look about you again.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, that was mean! In a good way... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cool!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Man that's awesome!

*hopes to see the idea spread*

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
The French do seem to be all about convenience. I remember one singularly wonderful invention, a restroom kiosk made of stainless steel. You paid your francs, got access to the little booth, used it (it wasn't even a flush toilet, just a bowl extruding from the wall), stepped out, and the whole thing washed itself down with hot water. I heard you could get stuck inside and get soaked.

But that was just the descendent of the handy urinals they had for men right on the street. As long as your back is turned, I guess.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hey -- in New York, the men pee on the streets (and in the subways) all the time. And they don't even have to pay to pee. Talk about convenient!
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well in Philly, even the women pee in the street. Convenient...but not so pretty. [Eek!]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Philadelphians!!

<mock shudder>

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
wow...book vending machines...and so cheap too...I wish we had one of those around here
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
At Wolfram & Hart, they have a book where you just have to say the name of whatever it is you want to read in their vast library and the words will magically appear on the pages.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
People died to acquire those books.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.