FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kane County (IL) Safe Kids Safety Day!

Author Topic: Kane County (IL) Safe Kids Safety Day!
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that I know most of the Chicago Hatrackers, but I also know that there have been a bunch of new people around lately so it's worth a shot, yeah?

Saturday is the Kane County Safe Kids Safety Day at the Kane County Fair Grounds, and I will be there doing free car seat installations! If any of you live in or near Kane County and have kids, please come out and see me! Since it's a whole Safety Day, I am under the impression that there will be more to do than have your car seat installed, but even if there isn't, it's worth your time. 4 out of 5 child seats are improperly installed, and that fifth is usually a booster seat, so chances are extremely high that your child is not as safe as she could be.

And, if any of you that don't live in the area have a question about child passenger safety, I'm your girl - ask away! [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I will make an especial effort not to run over any kids in Kane County on Saturday.

The rest of the week -- look out!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Tante, it's something. [Wink]

To everyone else, the invitation is still open. [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep...car seat installation is a HUGE problem in traffic safety.

Good job!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, since you mention it...
What exactly is the requirement in Illinois for 8 year olds? I find it worded enough different ways on police and village sites (and can't find the information at all on Dept of Trans or DMV) so I don't know whether Missy still has to ride in a booster. She still uses one because I'd rather keep her in longer than necessary (and she still fits) than get ticketed for her not being appropriately restrained, but if I don't need it, I'd like to be able to pass it on to someone else.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
whenever a person is transporting a child under age 8, the person is responsible for properly securing the child in an appropriate child restraint system, which includes a booster seat. Every person, when transporting a child 8 years of age or older, but under age 16, is responsible for properly securing that child in a seat belt. If the vehicle used to transport children under eight years of age is equipped with lap belts only in the back seat and the child weighs more than 40 pounds, the child may be transported in the back seat wearing a lap belt only.
From here.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I lived in Kane County for a year of high school, in St Charles, IL. I haven't heard that county name in a long time. [Smile]
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Missy can get out of her booster!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.