FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who can find me a game to play?

Author Topic: Who can find me a game to play?
Melissa Dedinová
Member # 7890

- posted      Profile for Melissa Dedinová   Email Melissa Dedinová         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that no matter what the question, someone on Hatrack always knows the answer. Can you help me with this one?

I am looking for some games for the PS2 that my husband and I will both like. Preferably two-player cooperative, but one-player is ok too, since we don't mind watching each other play. He likes sports, I like RPGs. I hate sports, he hasn't seen an RPG yet that grabs his interest (I'm sure it's out there). He plays NBA and NHL by himself, I play Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior. The first game we played together, and our all-time favorite, was Gladius. We also played Baldur's Gate together, which was mostly fun but too much button mashing for us. Same with Return of the King. We like the strategy aspects of Gladius particularly.

Can anyone think of a game we could play? It's fun playing alone, but we really miss the fun we had playing together before. Gladius starts to get predictable the 5th time through!

- Lissande

Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Disgaea
One player tactics-style RPG with hilarious storyline and fun over-the-top characters and moves that makes it fun to watch. This is a good RPG to get other people into RPGs. It has a puzzle-like dynamic involving colored tiles (which is too complex to describe here) which can give you a cooperative thing to do by helping the player figure out the best way to clear all the colored tiles. That's technically optional, but doing so can be a very effective strategy. All in all a very cool game.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to think. I haven't played a lot of PS2 strategy games. Then again I haven't played PS2 in a very long while.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you played X-Men Legends? That's one of my favorite co-op games ever.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! X-men legends is a great co-op game, you guys should definitely try it.

I don't own a PS2, but I remember that on PS1 you could play the FF games using two controllers. My friends and I would always just split the characters and we'd play through the game together [Smile]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melissa Dedinová
Member # 7890

- posted      Profile for Melissa Dedinová   Email Melissa Dedinová         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a good idea, I didn't know it was possible, Rico. I'll also try Disgaea and probably X-Men if I can find it.

Anything else? I'm faced with the prospect of being able to go shopping in October, when, incidentally, I will be in the states for anyone who wants to visit. [Smile]

Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Where in the states will you be?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melissa Dedinová
Member # 7890

Little Rock and Dallas, between October 11 and 31. Tzadik and I are coming for a semi-spontaneous visit. If someone comes to see us, we can have a Con.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I like meeting people, but those are both further than driving distance for me. [Smile] If it looks like there's going to be a Con, though, I'll keep an eye out for cheap tickets. Dallas is probably more likely for that, as there is a bigger airport.

(Not that the two of you aren't a big enough draw on your own, just that I'd feel kinda funny intruding on your vacation if I was the only Hatracker there. [Wink] )

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Have you played X-Men Legends? That's one of my favorite co-op games ever.

It's fun, but there are huge segments which aren't co-op at all, for some inexplicable reason.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not Co-op, but I have to put it out there. Knights of the Old Republic is the best RPG I have ever played. Period.

Not sure if it's out for PS though...it's definitely on PC and Xbox.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.