FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Whats a "qudong"? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whats a "qudong"?
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
So ya, i'm speaking with a chinese girl over msn and she says she can't use a webcam cuz' her comp odesnt have one.

Is it a USB port??? CD-R??

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A scrabble word?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Another way of saying 'I don't want you to find out I'm really a 50 year old man in Albania?"
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

- posted      Profile for Kitsune   Email Kitsune         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that means a wee wee.

What language was it? Canto or Mandarin?

Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
After googling it and clicking on some links, I am inferring that it means 'technology' or something like that.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
According to my Chinese-English dictionary:

驱动 qudong drive
驱动器 qudongqi disk drive

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

ok she corrected herself, she means drivers. And no she gave me her picture she is quite female.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and here's my picture:

I'm so freakin' hot, I make Frisco pee snow.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

This is not a discussion about my online acaintences or about their identity(s) etc.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sid Meier:
This is not a discussion about my online acaintences or about their identity(s) etc.

Actually, at this point that IS what this is... [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Feel free to change the topic to whatever you want by saying something more interesting than what we're talking about now. . .

I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it, because there's NOTHING more interesting to Jatraqueras than talking about how hawt yours truly is.

:sizzles:

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

What is it with Hatrack and changing the topic? Problem has been solved case closed.
Scott R
Member # 567

We love topic drift.

Almost as much as we love my abs. Man! Look at those things!

I'm just so HAWT!

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

... You just entered the state of "Weird" with a population of you.
Scott R
Member # 567

Sid-- seriously, you seem like a nice guy. If you trust that this girl is really a girl, that's fine by me.

I just have a paranoia about internet relationships, and whatnot. Anyone can be anyone on the internet, and so we rarely show who we really are.

I'm not guilty of that, of course. Oh, no. Modest li'l ol' me? Pshaw. I'm exactly who I claim to be.

[Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
And what you are is HAWT, Scott R! Man, I had no idea!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

It's a well kept secret. I figure that now that I'm a published author I better start posting photos so I can generate some face recognition.
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

And there's a good reason for the trust, the picture she sent me isnt of some super hot asian chick but a plain looking (yet still asian) high schooler. (she's 17)

WITH GLASSES! They're the more oval shaped. I want her to help me learn Chinese [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You'll need it, because there's NOTHING more interesting to Jatraqueras than talking about how hawt yours truly is.

What about how HAWT Frisco is? Or, you know, our husbands? *she posts as she looks over nervously at her husband, whose lap she is sitting on*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WITH GLASSES! They're the more oval shaped.

Why the caps? Are glasses a strange phenomenon in your world? *perplexed*
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he thinks GLASSES are HAWT! [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand* I think glasses are hawt.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't, until Lisa Loeb... mmmmmm...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Lisa Loeb? She was popular when I was in fifth grade!
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

Yeah, but she's hawt.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Sid: Use teamspeak. From her voice you'll know if she's a woman or not.

Guys think glasses are Hawt? dammit I knew I shouldn't have had RK.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

You aren't *that* young, KQ... I've met your daughter...

Edit: it's ok Pixiest, you can be like my ex- and get a set of un-lensed frames to wear and look all wanton-librarian

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know I was exactly 20 and one month when I got married, right? And Ems is a, um, "honeymoon baby"...
Scott R
Member # 567

>>What about how HAWT Frisco is? Or, you know, our husbands? *she posts as she looks over nervously at her husband, whose lap she is sitting on*

In this thread alone, my hawtness has been discussed more than Frisco's and husband-brand-X put together!

I am a hawt topic.

Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Asian girl w/glasses == cute ->hawt

And yes that was what I was planning but I had togo to bed before I could make arrangements.

She said I was cute! (after showing her my picture)

And scott your confusing me now, ru the person in that picture?

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

right... and 5th grade is around 10 yrs old, right?
Scott R
Member # 567

>>ru the person in that picture?

No. I'm not.

That's the point.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyone can be anyone on the internet, and so we rarely show who we really are.

Not me. I really AM a Tante and a Shvester!
And a Jewish Mother!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

So if you offer your son a third helping of food and he refuses to you make him feel guilty about it? I remember reading this joke book "How to be a good Jewish mother"

exmaple: Always make your son feel guilty

"Hey mom I won a Porsch!"

"Oh great the insurance alone will be enough to put us in the poor house."

Do any of the Jewish mother stereotypes actually apply? Or is that all there is, people's misconceptions?

Also while my screen name says otherwise I make no secret about my person I live in Canada, I go to college I only got a job recently, I think my family is trying to smother me in their delluded mines of what they think I am and I'm a Red.

I'm dispite my paranoia a trusting and somewhat naive person or else I would've never have trusted Tom with my address (and once I make sure I have enough money I'll buy some anyomnous kid something important to them as well), I trust people with little or no good evidence becuase I believe everyone deserves at least one chance, and for no good reason gives others continoues chances and still do dispite being treated like crap by them.

Because I believe I deserve a chance in turn, which is also why I defend China alot, they deserve a chance as well.

"There is no good and evil only shades of grey"

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Caveat: I have no experience with Jewish culture

That being said, it seems that the vast majority of stereotypes have their basis in people's experiences.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:

You can't make grey without black and white.

Just sayin'.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred Phelps is evil. No grey about it.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Scott R:

I am your biggest fan ever. Can I have a signed picture of your hawt self? I'm working out so that I can have abs like yours. Also, I want to become a published author, but I'm lazy and don't have any good ideas. Is there any sort of shortcut to success that doesn't require work?

Sincerely,

Jon Boy

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And scott your confusing me now, ru the person in that picture?
[ROFL] Read the name of the file.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
ooooooh
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

quote:
Guys think glasses are Hawt? dammit I knew I shouldn't have had RK.
If it's any consolation, bear in mind that I myself am severely un-hawt, so it's not like there's any particular advantage in catching my eye.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Always make your son feel guilty

"Hey mom I won a Porsch!"

"Oh great the insurance alone will be enough to put us in the poor house."

Do any of the Jewish mother stereotypes actually apply? Or is that all there is, people's misconceptions?

The Jewish mothers that I know are not into playing abusive mind games with their children. It is an unfortunate stereotype. The Jewish culture values education and literacy, and these values spill over into parenting styles.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, guys never thought glasses were hawt when I was single. [Razz]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Since we are sharing pictures, I thought I'd show you my famous chicken breasts.
Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL....birds of a feather...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
You're young and naive-- but this attitude will make you old and cynical very quickly. I mean, no evil, I understand; but no good either? How have you come to this conclusion?

quote:
Also, I want to become a published author, but I'm lazy and don't have any good ideas. Is there any sort of shortcut to success that doesn't require work?
Yes.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:

Yes.

[ROFL]
Scott R
Member # 567

:nods sagely:
Kwea
Member # 2199

lol
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Bestow thy wisdom upon me, O Published One.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.