FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mmm... More Dough...

Author Topic: Mmm... More Dough...
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I know just where to get it.

See, I have this giant collection of Pokémon trading cards (probably over 2,000), some of them immensely valuable, and I have no need for them. I reckon if I sell 50% of the cards I can make over US $200 - as I have some rare ones (Japanese, and one completely holographic but AUTHENTIC rhunic-written card etc). I'm currently cataloguing them into a database I constructed.

Is this idea worth it? I know there still are collectors, but I'm stuck in the mid-east (I mean Israel, not Kansas!) and I don't know whether the transaction will be properly made on both parts. How can I know?

JH

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I recommend ebay.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you worried about getting paid, or just making the sale? Also, do you want to sell all of them to one person, or just a few here and there?
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I second Raia's suggestion.

Kansas is in the midwest, btw.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I thought this was a baking thread.

*rats*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Like Raia said, sell them on ebay.

To make sure that you get paid, you could use paypal (and perhaps require that funds come from the balance in the paypal account or from a checking account - as opposed to a credit card).

To make sure they get the item when you send it to them, I'd suggest requiring insurance on it (especially if it's valuable) and sending it via a method that allows you some sort of delivery confirmation (if someone claims they didn't receive the item, PayPal will refund their money unless you have confirmation that it was delivered).

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everyone, but there's one tiny problem:

Different collectors are searching for different cards, and most of my cards are basic stuff. I have no energy to design my own decks for collective sale, and i want to get the most money, even if it leavs me with a bunch of worthless cards.

On eBay there's a given thing I'm selling, and I can't offer them a variety of options - only one (or more, which means that different cards go seperately). I could start an auction on a collectors' forum, but it's not a very secure way. I can only offer one combination of cards, and that's that.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Speaking of the devil - I just got eBay phishing. I hate this stuff!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.