FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woe, woe, woe is me...

Author Topic: Woe, woe, woe is me...
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I am venting for release, so please bear with me. I am buying a car for my move to California. I have the money, I believe it is a good deal, I have the insurance (at last!) The only trouble is, the money is in my bank in Norway. Now, I have a Visa card for that account. Alas, it turns out that Visa charges a very large fee for amounts in excess of 1000 dollars. So, I need to wire some money across. But my bank's Internet website appears to be down! Arrrgh!

What is even worse, it may not be the bank's website that is down, but the result of some maneuverings earlier in the day. I called them up, and asked them the quickest way to get the funds across. They said they could increase the limit on the card, so I could get cash at an ATM. Excellent, said I, go with it. And the guy asked me my mother's middle name. She has two. I instantly replied with her maiden name, then said - "no, wait, it's <her real middle name>". And he said he accepted that, but, um, would he say that if he thought I was trying to defraud me? And the ATM came back declined, and now the bank site says "account information temporarily not available..." [Angst]

So I have the car, and I've promised to pay tomorrow, and suddenly I'm not sure if I can... But I have the money, dammit! [Cry]

And I still need to pack most of my stuff, and I need to be out of here tomorrow noon, and, and, and...

And to top it all off, the Norwegian tax people sent me an angry letter saying they haven't received their papers from me this year. I sent it to them, I swear!

[Cry]

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Is anyone else singing "Row, row, row your boat"?)

I'm sorry you're having trouble. [Frown]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
You're moving to California?

It's for the Shindas, isn't it? [Smile] You do love us!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack. Ok, the Norwegian bank's website is now letting me do stuff. Splendid. But they want a SWIFT number for my US bank, and their customer service transferred me to their "wire department", which isn't manned at this hour... Ack! [Mad]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
(kq: I definately was)

Money problems suck man, I say we go back to shells.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! With the number of snails in my backyard, that'd make me rich!

Sorry you're having dastardly money problems.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, banks and taxes are much easier to deal with in America.

[ROFL]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps this will help

(edit -- naughty language alert. Also general naughtiness. Kids, don't try this at home.)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
(Is anyone else singing "Row, row, row your boat"?)

Well I am NOW!

Hope you get everything straightened out KoM!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
You're moving to California?

It's for the Shindas, isn't it? [Smile] You do love us!

NorCal. He's just a tease. [Razz] Also, Katie, us? You moving farther than across town?

Good luck with the banks, KoM. Wire transfers and such can be quite a pain. Hope they straighten things out quickly!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Go away.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Carry cash. Carry gold. Carry your piggybank.

that's the lesson in all of this, y'know . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.