FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Egg Corporation flying my husband to Australia - He broke the record!

Author Topic: Egg Corporation flying my husband to Australia - He broke the record!
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
We finally got word that the Australian Egg Corporation is going to sponsor Brian to fly out and help them break his current world record in egg balancing! The event will take place on Sept. 14, and will be filmed by the Today Show down there, so anyone on that side of the world, keep your eye out for my husband! And if anyone is in the Melborne area, he says you're welcome to come help balance and break the record.

Website about the last time he broke the record

[ September 19, 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: divaesefani ]

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome! Tell us how he does, I hope he breaks it, that's really cool. Best wishes for your husbands endeavors.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope he breaks it
But not the eggs! [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
That is really cool! Yay for him, and yay for free trips to Australia! [Smile]

(What happens to the thousands of eggs after he's done balancing them?)

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so awesome! I didn't even know they had a world record for that!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've got to ask. What got into him on the day he decided to set the record for egg balancing?

It's just such an unusual endeavor...

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
If only I knew what got into him!

His brother showed him how to balance an egg when he was a kid. He and his best friend kept doing it. I guess he just got bored in college!

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
So when he's about to perform, do you tell him to break an egg?

[Razz]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Eggcelent!
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
How very...strange...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the equinox already? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I would come watch but am 3000 km away...

Still very eggcited for him. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That is pretty cool!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, afr, that made me giggle out loud.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the date is near the equinox. I'd be curious to see an attempt on the solstice, just for giggles.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it certainly is an eggcentric pursuit.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's have an ovation for all the punsters in this thread. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we certainly have a lot of yolksters.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

Brian got back from Australia yesterday. He broke the record for the Most Eggs Balanced Simultaneously By an Individual by balancing 439 eggs. This was a change of plans....he was going to break the group record again, but the PR company couldn't find enough volunteers to help, so he went for the individual. So now he holds the group record, the individual record, and he set the record for the Fastest Dozen, which he did in 4 min 2 sec! So technically he holds the record for the most egg balancing records at a whopping three!!

Daily Telegraph Article <--Local Paper

And if you google his name, you'll find articles from all over the world...everywhere except the United States, that is!! From England to Italy to Turkey to India, Taiwan and more! Cool, huh?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool.

[Cool]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
So technically he holds the record for the most egg balancing records at a whopping three!!

Wow! The Trifeggta!
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
That is crazy! wow!
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
That is really amazing, I don't think I could balance one...I can barely balance a block let alone an egg [Smile]
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing!

Since I have chickens, so I often have four or five dozen or more eggs in my fridge at a time -- I will have to try this to at least see if I can balance ONE.

Ask Brian for me -- are some varieties of eggs easier to balance than others? The larger Rhode Island Red brown eggs, for instance, easier than the smaller white Leghorn variety? Or does it matter at all? What kind of eggs does he use when doing the balance? USDA rated small, medium, large or extra large?

Congrats to him!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mintieman
Member # 4620

- posted      Profile for Mintieman   Email Mintieman         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you balance an egg?
Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is amazing, but it is Eggciting, eggzilarating, and most likely, eggsausting.

Just want to say Eggsellent work. Its always good to have a celebrity on the board.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
he set the record for the Fastest Dozen, which he did in 4 min 2 sec!
He must have really scrambled for that one!
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan's eggstremely reaching for the funny yolks with that post.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! How do you balance them?! Is there a certain technique? [Confused]
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'd be shell shocked.
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! That was your husband? I saw that local paper article linked from some other site. Nice.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian
Member # 8629

- posted      Profile for Brian   Email Brian         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I'm famous!
Hello all. My name is Brian, and as you can see, I am the egg balancer. Thanks for all the eggscelent yolks.

In answer to your questions:

Mintieman: Here is a picture of the technique I use. (That's me, balancing the third egg in Australia.)

Farmgirl: I have found that smaller eggs seem to be easier to balance. When we set the group record a couple of years ago, we used medium, white, (caged) hen eggs from the grocery store in Utah. When I broke the individual record last week, I used brown, free-range Aussie chook eggs, 600 gm. For those of you who are lost, they're pretty much the same, just brown. And upside-down.

-Brian

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Are they cooked or uncooked?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian
Member # 8629

- posted      Profile for Brian   Email Brian         Edit/Delete Post 
Uncooked. Cooked ones would either not balance because the yolk is off centered, or not count because those are the rules. Frankly, I've never tried it.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian! [Wave] Congratulations!!

But what do you do with all those eggs when it's over? They don't spoil during the balancing time, do they? [Confused]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But what do you do with all those eggs when it's over?
You do a very thorough number on the previous record-holder's car/house/face. [Evil]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
And he will be on the next season of LOST!

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.