FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Judging others (related to premarital sex thread) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Judging others (related to premarital sex thread)
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Pfresh:

It sounds like you might be stressing out too much about what people think of you. Sometimes it's a good thing to think about how others perceive yourself but a lot of the times you'll end up over-thinking things and reaching incorrect conclusions that'll end up damaging your relationships.

You need to learn how to stop caring so much about what other people think and focus on caring about what you think of yourself. It's not easy, specially if you're used to thinking diffently about things, but in the end it's worth it.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Rico, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think the logic is totally right. You are right in that I do worry a lot about what others think, but the whole "caring about what you think of yourself" thing is where it stops. I already think at least somewhat highly of myself and I value my own opinion in that regard. In social situations though, that opinion just sort of gets overridden by thoughts. It's not something I can control. As I said, I wish I could turn my mind off or just throttle it down or something. Of course this ties back into my original thread and the fact that my psychologist recommended seeing a psychiatrist to get a prescription for medications to combat my depression and anxiety. He said that what I described as "overthinking" was just a large anxiety type thing.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
You might consider the advice. I know that social anxiety medication is way overprescribed but for people that have anxiety to the point that it interferes with their lives and causes them to avoid interaction it can be a godsend.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Theresa makes a good point. Despite medications being overprescribed, they're there for a reason, and they do work. If a something interferes with your life enough for you to notice and call it a problem, then it needs the attention it deserves. Don't deny yourself that attention.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I've considered the advice, it's just that the circumstances haven't worked out for it to be put into play. If you'd like, I can go into details in that regard.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
pfresh85

I don't know you well, but I just wanted to say that I hope my own daughter finds someone with your same high moral standards when she begins to be ready to date.

Glad to know there are still guys out there who view sex as special and reserved for marriage.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey pfresh, I don't think I've met you as of yet, but I'm Farmgirl's daughter. [Wave] [Big Grin]

Personally, I think it's awesome that you're waiting until marriage. Rock on. When all my friends and I start dating, which won't be for awhile, we are going to wait as well. So keep your head up, there are girls like that out there! [Smile]

Ivygirl

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.