FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The most terrific person in the world...

Author Topic: The most terrific person in the world...
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
...is my friend Amy. I broke down to her last night, sobbing about getting everything done and being under a lot of stress, etc. One of the things I mentioned was that I was sure my neighbors thought I was a horrible awful person because my grass needed to be cut so badly.

I got home today...and my grass was cut.

I felt AWFUL about this for a good long while; I thought one of my neighbors had decided I was just never going to cut it and did it for me.

I called Amy, just to have someone to talk to...and it turns out she did it, to help me out. People like this restore my faith in humanity.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
That was very sweet of Amy.
I'm sorry to hear you're under stress, I hope things look up, Megan.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
What Morbo said.

(((((Megan)))))

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Thanks...I love you guys! [Smile]

Things will be better in 2.5 weeks, when all my stinking qualifying exams are over.

Until then, it's like PMS all the time. I'm weepy and moody and stuff. It's tons of fun.

Did I mention grad school sucks?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I know who you're talking about, but if it's the Amy I think it is, she's really cool, and I like her a lot. And I can totally see her doing something like that! [Smile]

Poor Megan, though. *hughug* Chin up! Just imagine what happens AFTER 2.5 weeks... you don't have to do any more coursework, while the rest of us labor in classes all day long...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Amy a whole bunch, and I've never met her. She sounds like a great friend. (((Megan)))
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you have good friends. Hang in there! [Kiss]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I thought this thread was about my boyfriend... [Smile]

Amy sounds seriously cool.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Raia, it is the same Amy--she is officially my hero!

And, after the exams are over (assuming, of course, that I pass them [Razz] ), then comes dissertation! But, you have a point; being done wiht coursework is great.

(((everyone)))

Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, ok. Yeah, she's awesome. [Smile]

And, thanks to Megan, she pronounced my name right on the first day! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Yeah, I confess to coaching her on that one. [Big Grin]

And now, since you know her, all we have to do is get her to register on hatrack, and then she'll be real!

Of course, then you won't be able to complain about your theory homework on hatrack... [Evil]

Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, very true...
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Treason:
Oh, I thought this thread was about my boyfriend... [Smile]

And I thought it was about ME. [Blushing]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought it was about my husband. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I could second the vote for Fahim after he lifted the clouds for me on the RSS thing... I felt like such a dork when he clued me in!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[ROFL] Goody, I hear you! Completely! Remember, it was that same program that got us together because of the problems I had figuring it out.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT! You should've called me! I would do it for only 14.99 + extra do the weeds and traveling expences, you'll be getting a call from my union!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.