FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Big picture of New Orleans flooding

Author Topic: Big picture of New Orleans flooding
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
linky

WOW. [Frown]

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. [Frown] I just read this, though. Any pictures of Mississippi? [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Is the large body of water in the background the lake?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Tons of photos at the below link:

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/photos/

You can click on search and rescue and see what my hubby's doing. He's not in those pics, those are pics of a Florida task force, but it's the same kind of scenes my husband is seeing, according to what he's telling me.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I still can't believe that's really Mississipi and New Orleans... I stayed there for a month with my uncle just last summer and I went to a lot of the places you can see in some of those pictures.

I'm grateful my uncle moved before this happened and I truly hope everyone there is able to get their lives back together.

Today we donated a large amount of food and clothing for the victims of the hurricane... I hope it helps [Frown]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sort of funny story - we look for humor where we can find it I suppose.

I got an email from the PCA - Presbyterian church in America - that said they had a reliable report that an alligator was shot and killed inside the First Presbyterian church of Gulfport. That's my husband's home church, and where my twins were baptised.

Anyway, when I finally spoke to my husband again this morning (didn't get him at all yesterday) I told him about it. He said "Yeah, I would be that reliable source." [Big Grin] He told me he has lots of pictures of the alligator and he'll show it to me when he gets back. He did not shoot it, he says a local cop did.

Incidentally, he's been extended for another three days. At first he thought he'd come home tonight but now we're looking at Tuesday earliest. Today they were supposed to be on nothing but body recovery detail. [Frown]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.