FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » First Hatrack Dictionary/Lexicon Made!

Author Topic: First Hatrack Dictionary/Lexicon Made!
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
The first edition of the Hatrack Dictionary/Lexicon is finally complete! I have 50 entries, I IPAed them, and I'm ready to send it to any of you for reviewing and continuation. It's curently in DOC format, but can be easily canged to WPS or PDF. I don't have OpenOffice on my PC at the moment, so not quite there.

Who wants it sent to his/her e-mail for reviewing? Please say "aye".

If you review it, PLEASE put in the info of who you are and what you did in the "file history" section down at the end, or e-mail me what you've or you want to have changed if you're unable to edit the file, so I can log it on neatly.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Me me!

kojabu AT gmail DOT com

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
avadaru @ gmail. com
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Avadaru and kojabu - sent.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I still haven't gotten back to you on it, Jonathan. I haven't had time to sit down and do a thorough review. One thing I noticed, though, is that you used e for both e and ε. You also syllabified Hatrack wrong, but it seems that lots of people do that.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Any problems - either mail me or ask me here.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Jon - it's alright; I'm sending you the updated one. It's far more accurate.

I'm going to bed - but send it on and e-mail me as much as you like. The e-mail's in my profile.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, what Jon Boy said. I haven't gotten back to you either, yet... but now I can actually check your IPA properly, since I'm in class, learning. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
bobscopatz at cox dot net

Please!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
eh, ender_wiggin172002 AT yahoo DOT com

please

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
My gmail account. You have it from Google talk.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
edob63@yahoo.com
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
alex @ dakdillon . com
Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
jenagans at gmail dot com
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Sent to all from Raia to Dragon.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be posting the finished product, no?

I'll wait until then to tell you all the mistakes you've made.

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I haven't read it over very carefully yet, but I skimmed it and it looks good so far. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Thank you, all of you. It might even be published here, but there are entries that will probably be removed and MANY entries to add and edit.

You see, I simply didn't create many dictionaries in the past, so I prefer some expert advise. [Smile]

Tante, this is to be [theoretically] reviewed by linguists who are probably just as good as you (Jon Boy). I take his word for it. (And I know you're an expert on English too - but your little laugh won't work!)

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I got advice from one person only (the honorary Bobs, aka Bob_S), though compliments from a few. Anyone else offering ideas for improvement?
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've been able to glance at so far, it looks good. I'm taking linguistics 101 this semester so by the end I may have more suggestions. [Razz]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just not sure that it's necessary to take a vanity project and make it pedantic.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.