FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Calling out the Michiganders (updated...somewhat)

Author Topic: Calling out the Michiganders (updated...somewhat)
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm leaving CA on this coming Friday morning. By my normal driving routine I should be at my parent's house in Linden by Monday night/Tuesday morning. I will be sticking around till maybe just after the weekend when I have to go on to NY to set up housing.

Question is: Does anyone wanna hang out for a while?

[ September 11, 2005, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me check my work schedule. Maybe.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the Detroit area... where is Linden? Are there Elves there?

Friday is good for me if you want to come this way. I'll show you my goth clubs. [Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Linden is about 20 minutes south east of Flint. Sounds fun Telp. We do have a midget up here. Albeit she might get pissy if they called her an elf. [Smile]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead. Just ignore the Michigooses.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop by Ann Arbor if you feel like watching rugby. That Saturday will be our first real game of the season. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Ann Arbor....it's been awhile since I've had to make my way around there. Wow, I'll really have to see what I can do. Good thing I have the time.

Aww, aspectre, did your feathers get ruffled? [Smile]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Linden High School has a decent marching band.

That's how I measure most cities around me, it's a band geek thing.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
One time, at band camp...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

[ROFL]

Alright, I am at my parent's house. Showed up about 5ish. I have a small problem I have to fix first. I have the check engine light in, and I am troubleshooting that before I get too involved in stuff. I also have to set aside the stuff I am taking to NY with me. It won't be much.

Now, the fun stuff.

Telp, I'll need an address of somesort for directions if you really do want to hang out and stuff. It's been over 10 years since I have been around Detroit. My email is on my profile if ya want.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
One time, at band camp...

We know, Telp...and the funny thing is that you played the slide trombone.... [Smile]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
I just did an google map from where I am in Ohio to Linden, and its about 104 miles... not too gosh awful bad. Maybe meet half-wayish (thinking Cabelas in Dundee?)

I have Tuesday and Thursday off from work , but Thurs. is pretty well shot. Could maybe meet up for a couple hours before going in to work though (work at 5 pm the rest of the nights of the week).

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

I can't do Tuesday. I have a lot to do on the truck besides the engine (brakes, shocks, fuel filter, oil, air filter, fix fender, fix bumper, u-joints, and tires). I would use all of Monday, but I have to buy chili fixins, cook chili, fix my engine and attend a Boy Scout meeting. Oh, and teach my family the goodness of Guiness. Wednesday and Thursday are going to be spent with relatives I haven't seen for up to 5 years.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
We know, Telp...and the funny thing is that you played the slide trombone....
[Eek!]
[Evil]
I sing too... mmmmmm... tongue piercing... [Wink]

Stan I'll shoot an email your way...
How does Friday sound? That would be a good night for you to come over and we'll hit my favorite goth club. Wear black.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Do either of you like (or know of) Sam Roberts?

A friend and I are going to the Magic Stick friday night, which apparently isn't far away to see him. Tickets are like 12 dollars, and it should be a good show.

I played the sax at band camp, there wasn't much we could do with it.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I dig the Magic Stick, haven't been there in ages. Saw RHPS there once.

Sam Roberts... um... I don't think I've heard of him. I'm sure I should.. [Wink] I think City Club will be more fun though! We'll get all dressed up and I'll show you around and introduce you to all the cool chicks. (Chicks dig me for some reason)
Lyrhawn, did you want to come to City Club with Stan and I on Friday? (If Stan chooses that, that is) [Smile]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I wish I could, if it were a different night I could, but I already made plans to go to the Magic Stick with a friend coming in from Grand Rapids just to see Sam Roberts.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Sam Roberts? Nope, never heard of him. I e-mailed back. Friday is good. I found out that the Throttle Position Sensor was out of range on my truck. Simple fix, yeah! I bought a new CD player, crappy wire harness, boo. Now, I can't find oil for my truck. I have to use Valvoline Dura-Blend 10w-40, but no one has it in stock close to home. I guess I'll try Flint.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Idiot check sat. Truck works still. Now to install other new stuff. cya
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Got your email Stan. [Smile]
Looks like all is in order.
Any other Hatrackers want to join us? Just give me an email.

Lyrhawn, City Club is open till 4am... you can come by after your concert. [Smile]

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack. The other team cancelled. Again. We may be playing in Flint, though.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Saturday/Sunday I think I am supposed to be up north in Caro. I have some family that will be gathering up there at that time. I'll have to check and see.

Woot! New stereo in the truck!!! I can listen to cds again. Now for the brakes and shocks.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.