my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WoW

Author Topic: WoW
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't resist.

I know there must be at least a few of you out there that are victims of the latest MMORPG drug problem sweeping the nation.

Heavily addicted users call it "WoW," which might be an acronym, but is more likely a reference to the state of mind they achieve from use.

A fix is $14.99 - but lasts you all month.

So, to all you World of Warcraft players (and I know you're out there): What server, and what side?

Myself, I'm:
Cenarius, Alliance (PvE)
Frostwolf, Horde (PvP)

Anyone?

...Hello?

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
WoW sucks. I <3 EverQuest II.

[Evil]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RynoW1
Member # 8365

- posted      Profile for RynoW1   Email RynoW1         Edit/Delete Post 
Word of Wisdom?
Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
I just started about 10 days ago, and it's starting to absorb all my free time.

Kil'jaiden (or something like that), Horde

Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought EQ2 was mediocre... but then again, I was an illusionist =(
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Everquest I. It was a classic, never played any others until Eve came along.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I sometimes wonder if my fond memories of EQ1 were only because it was something so new. I played that thing for 2 years.

It was really hard core and I loved it. Everything now is so "casual gamer friendly" which basically means "unchallenging"

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If by "challenging" you mean "a time sink," I agree. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
I played WoW for a good chunk of the summer, and I'm going back when I get breaks and whatnot from school (like summer and the month between semesters around Christmas). My main is Kotala (horde) on Smoulderthorn, though I also have Athing (alliance) on Bloodhoof and Bodhg (alliance) on Bronzebeard
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play WoW, but decided it required too much time to form parties and level up at the higher levels. So I switched to Guild Wars, and it has no monthly fee [Smile]
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I am
*****Dunemaul/Horde
*****Spirestone/Alliance

Both PvP

On Dunemaul the character I play most is an Undead mage girl called HotSoup. [Smile] Lvl. 17
On Alliance I play most my Druid Night Elf named WinterRain.
lvl 8

Yay!

Edit to up Levels. Lol

[ September 13, 2005, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: Treason ]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Tom: It gave you time to get to know your group/guild members. And there was a serious death penalty. And the rewards seemed much more rewarding since they were so rare (at least in the early days)

Pix

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still hanging around the WoW world on three servers:

Bloodscalp - 60 Horde Hunter
Darkspear - 32 Horde Warrior
Arthas - 35 Alliance Druid

I've taken to dabbling in end-game instances. Fun, but I still prefer onces that can be completed by a single group. Though my current challenge is to join a guild named "Clan of Redundancy Clan". Don't know why, but that's just a good guild name.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Player vs. Environment MMORPG usually are quite boring. City of Heroes got to be the same way. For instance, when you're whaling on the guards in a corridor and their friends are further up the corridor but do nothing...gets kinda dull. I want things like guards who run for help BEFORE they're nearly dead, and not at a totally predictable and not always in a totally random direction. Better AI in other words. You can get that in a single-player game sometimes, to an extent, but in an MMORPG...just can't happen.

That's why you play on a PvP server:) Becomes much, much more challenging when you've got to watch your back to prevent being killed, and kill others.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

NO ONE is on the same server as me?

[Frown]

Well, it was worth a shot. <resists temptation to enter into the WoW vs EQII debate>

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I had quite a few level 20-30 characters and a level 44. I liked to solo though, so I burned out rather quickly.

I may sign up again, but only if I feel that I can handle school and that too... Probably not.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

This is why I play Eve, it's all on one server... except in China they have their own server for the immediat future.
Treason
Member # 7587

I just came in to say I HATE LAG!
(just killed me) Lag stinks.
That is all.
Goodnight.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Lag makes me a sad panda.

Which is why I hate that I'm on Frostwolf, the bastard child of WoW servers.

dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I played for two months around Feb and spent a ton of time in it. Then I dropped it for about five months. Just started again a couple weeks ago to kill some time. I'm better about managing time with it, I only log in every few days.

43 alliance Druid on Proudmoore,
20 horde Mage on Scarlet Crusade (RP)
starting a lvl 5 alliance mage on Elune to play with a friend

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
NEHunter Perelandrea on dark iron.
just started lvl 18

Yeah, I was talking to one of my friends, and he said I've gone to the dark side of gaming. MMO's.

Every few days the way to go with the "rest" aspect of the game. I'm interested in WoW because of PvP, especially Battlegrounds.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Night Elf Hunter 24th
Silverhand (RP)

StoneWolfe

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on:

Bronzebeard
53 Troll Hunter
40 Troll Rogue
28 Tauren Shaman
26 Undead Mage
24 Orc Warlock
19 Night Elf Hunter

Feathermoon
16 Tauren Druid
8 Human Priest

Suramar
10 Orc Hunter
8 Troll Rogue

I'm not at addict. Really.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
That's... impressive

[Smile]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

play eve....
Treason
Member # 7587

Nobody is on my servers! [Frown]

Just to show you how obsessed I have become, last night I had a DREAM about WOW and there were Hatrackers there!
[Big Grin]

Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
I just started this game a few days ago. My rommate and I set limits as to how much and when we can play the game. I am a level 8 priest named appleseed on lightnings blade PVP server.
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I'm afraid I've got Flying Cow beat *embarrassed grin*

Lighting Blade
60 Human Paladin
25 Dwarf Hunter
9 Human Mage

Burning Blade
60 Forsaken Rogue
36 Forsaken Warlock
30 Tauren Warrior

Heh, well I had to do something unproductive between work [Wink] I love being on a PvP server because it suddenly becomes a challenging time-sink.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

And incidentally, I think some Hatrackers might appreciate this...on Burning Blade my characters are members of the 'Communist Pirates' guild. Our tabard is a jolly roger on a red background. And our guild leader is, of all things, ImhĂ´tep, the Pharoah.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.