FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In Honor of 9/11 2001: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey

Author Topic: In Honor of 9/11 2001: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so i'm noodling around on my computer, lending an ear to the TV as the football games are about to start...

...the announcer goes into a "heart felt" mourning and rememberance of the tragedy of 9/11, and "In Honor of 9/11 we give you Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey".

WHAT???

WTF?????

F U!

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that was a terrible rendition of "America the Beautiful".
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
*nod*

:-\

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Today the cricket game was half off. It's got nothing to do with 11/09/2001.

It seems like yesterday on the one hand, but like a decade ago on the other. I only now realised how much I've changed since I was 11 (I remember exactly what I did that day). How time goes by, and how politic changed since then.

But I'll always remember. I remembr the 11 hours of nonstop news here. No breaks. Absolutely NONE for 11 hours.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
SBS, me and you have nothing in common. However, my sentiments exactly this time. If they are considered the highlights of America, than perhaps it isn't worth saving.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

The terrorists have won.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
""In Honor of 9/11 we give you Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey"."
Actually, it might have been kind of cool if we really had been "given" Jessica Simpson and Nick Lahey. You know, to do with as we will, and all that. It would certainly lift my spirits to torment those two. Maybe make a variety show/reality show/makeover show where they have to tapdance together while yelling at each other about whose fault the divorce is and getting plastic surgery at the same time.
That would be sweet.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[ROFL]
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
SBS, me and you have nothing in common.
Do you breathe oxygen?
Do you enjoy love?
Do you drink water?

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.