FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Donate to the Katrina Fund - For FREE

Author Topic: Donate to the Katrina Fund - For FREE
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

- posted      Profile for ailurophobic   Email ailurophobic         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.livejournal.com/users/archer904/28328.html?view=231592#t231592

For every comment that guy gets, he's going to donate a dollar to the Red Cross. He's hoping that, with enough comments, he'll get sponsored and matched or something. Here's hoping it's not a publicity stunt, but if it was, oh well-- it doesn't hurt to type out a few letters and comment. <3;

Uh, two bucks per published author. Lawl.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm actually deeply squicked out by this.

Maybe I'm just too cynical of a human being. Or maybe I'm disgusted by the sight of four thousand people who're willing to click "submit" but aren't willing to donate a dollar themselves.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Who says they didn't?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the number of scams going on, I wouldn't even consider donating to anything other than a long-established charity well-known for its previous disaster relief efforts.

And even then, I would not answer any email solicitation. All of the emails from "well known charities" are fake: phishers looking to hookup with your bank account.
Click their emailed link, and you end up filling out at an official-looking "donation form" which actually leads to conmen.
Click on the "donation form" to send it in, and the information goes directly to criminals, while their fake-site redirects you to the screen of the real charity site.
That way you won't even know that you've been ripped off, unless/until the phishers decide to rip off your bank/credit account as well your donation.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for them to save Toby.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ailurophobic
Member # 8343

- posted      Profile for ailurophobic   Email ailurophobic         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I've donated to the Red Cross, I'm giving blood the weekend after I turn seventeen, and the rest of the bands nerds from my school and I are holding some drives.

None of what I've done is very much, and I'm not even sure it's really going to help anyone at all, but I'm trying.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.