FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bushisms

Author Topic: Bushisms
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided that its open season for President Bush and I want everyone to contribute a stupid phrase and/or word. I'll start with 2.

"Alot of our imports come from other countries"

No sh*t shirlock.

and "Misunderestimate"

Everyone else try to give just 1.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(pssst... The expression would be, "No sh*t, Sherlock." As a big Holmes aficionado, I would like to request you spell it right. [Razz] )
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I would think someone with your spelling and grammar abilities wouldn't want to start a thread like this.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
You've decided that it's open season on Bush?

You're a little late... They've been doing that all along.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Hey its supposed to be a fun thread c'mon reason a little with me.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
reason a little with me
I thought that was what we were doing.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe, but Bush's supporters probably won't find this as enjoyable as his critics.

Might want to expand it to politicians in general.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

criticising my spelling/grammar? That is not reasoning. I'm making no point of contention I simply want a fun thread where everyone can get along and give one liners of stuff they've heard Bush say was funny. Doesn't have to be insultingly so, I actually find Misunderestimate to be kinda brilliant.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I want everyone to contribute a stupid phrase and/or word.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

okay a mistake on my part. So sue me.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
criticising my spelling/grammar? That is not reasoning.
I think it is, as in the old saying, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Yes they can, they just have to do it carefully.
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear glass shattering.
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
okay a mistake on my part. So sue me.

He just might, someday... [Wink]

(Dag is studying to be a lawyer,in case you didn't know, that's why it's funny to me. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Yes they can, they just have to do it carefully.

[ROFL]

Anybody here ever hear of Yogi Berra? [Wink]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
criticising my spelling/grammar? That is not reasoning.
I think it is, as in the old saying, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Ha ha! Theres a mexican saying that says the donkey is talking about ears.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I do think we should pipe down on the subject though, I am sensing some hostility...I don't like Bush, mind you, but I don't have much to say, I swithch the channel every time he comes up. Unless its a debate of course, he talks funny on those.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Bushisms? Go buy the books. We already know the man has no public speaking skills, why harp on it?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I hear you Lyrhawn. That's what I meant to say.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Or, you could buy a bumper sticker. I got one for my mom. [Big Grin]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

The only republican bumper sticker I will ever buy will be, "Republicans for Voldemort".
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Bush will not go down in history as a great orator, but his speech at the Rebublican convention in New York will always stay in my mind as one of the most impressive political speeches ever.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
So this thread isn't about trimming my garden bushes into the shape of exotic or prehistoric animals?

[Grumble]

Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought those were topiaries.

Start the Topisms thread [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
now that's something i could talk about
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.