FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let there be bumperstickers

Author Topic: Let there be bumperstickers
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a bumpersticker you've never seen, but would like to?

My ideas:

SOLUTIONS, NOT SLOGANS!

REAL GHOSTS DON'T CARE IF YOU BELIEVE IN THEM OR NOT

IWDTRMMY (It doesn't stand for anything, but people will ask)

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've seen that one Tante, as well as T-shirts and bracelets with that slogan.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
IF YOUR FAITH CAN BE SUMMARIZED IN A BUMPER STICKER...
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this one last night.

<red>These colors
<white>don't run
<blue> ... the world

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the favorite ones I've seen (political):

THE LAST TIME SOMEONE LISTENED TO A BUSH, THEY ENDED UP WANDERING THE DESERT FOR FORTY YEARS.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
How about:

<INSERT WITTY PHRASE HERE>

Or:

[/WAR]

Or:

I SOLD MY OTHER CAR TO BUY GAS FOR THIS ONE

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
How about the short and pithy:

THE END.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite all-time bumper sticker read:

YEAH, GUNS KILL PEOPLE LIKE SPOONS MADE ROSIE O'DONNELL FAT.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what is my favorite bumper sticker? The ones that say "How's my driving? Call (whatever number)"

I love to whip out my cell phone and call to report how the driving is. Sometimes you get a machine, and sometimes you get a real person. I always give a glowing report of the driving "I'm right behind the truck, and the driver is doing fine. He just used the directional signal and changed lanes beautifully. Now he is in the right lane, and he is following the posted speed limit. And he's doing a really good job of staying in the lane, too."

If it is a long drive, I'll call back a few times with more progress reports of how good the driving is. When the truck and I have to part ways, I'll call one last time to say that I need to exit the highway now, so I won't be able to give any more updates.

Sometimes the person on the other end will tell me, "Ma'am, you don't have to keep calling." But I always tell them that it is quite alright, I don't mind.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I love "HANG UP AND DRIVE"

I'd like to see "KILL YOUR SUV"

I so hate SUVs. And not because they have terrible gas milage. I understand some of them aren't that bad. What I hate about them is that they're a hazard to navigation. You can't see around them. When they park in a compact spot with wheels hanging over the lines on both sides they make it impossible to see if you're about to get splattered by an on coming car when you're pulling out. And if you try to park between two SUVs you might have a hard time getting your doors open.

Not to mention the fact that if you're in an accident with an SUV, you stand a much higher chance of injury than if you were in an accident with a normal car.

Unless you have 4+ kids there's no reason to have one. They're just trendy and freaking annoying.

Ranting Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Tante

I've always thought someone should do that, I'm glad I'm not alone [Big Grin]

As far as bumperstickers, here's a few I'd like to see:

- Stop the Slaughter! Boycott Baby Oil!

- Don't upset me. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

"ALL LIFE IS SACRED -- BAN ANTIBIOTICS"
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a bumpersticker, but there is a vet's office that has the coolest things on his sign outside.

Today it was

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET SCARED HALF TO DEATH TWICE?

Last week it was

ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN TELEKINESIS RAISE MY HAND

If I didn't already have a vet I loved I'd take my pets to this place just for their sense of humor.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
WARNING: STRONG ADHESIVE. DO NOT ATTACH TO BUMPER.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
YOU CAN NEVER ADD TOO MUCH WATER TO A NUCLEAR REACTOR...
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BRAKE FAST
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not to mention the fact that if you're in an accident with an SUV, you stand a much higher chance of injury than if you were in an accident with a normal car.
For accuracy, for most accidents, it's safer to be in an SUV than a sedan.

But SUV's tend to roll over, even when another vehicle wouldn't have had an accident at all. They also take a long time to slow down, which increases the probability that they won't stop in time to avoid an accident. So you're not more likely to be injured in any particular accident, you're just more likely to have one in the first place.

Then there's the fact that if an SUV strikes a sedan, the occupants of the sedan are 25 times more likely to die than if they'd been hit by another sedan.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
YOU'D LOOK JUST AS STUPID WITH A BEER BOTTLE NEXT TO YOUR EAR
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn, Your last point was my point. I didn't say an accident IN an SUV, I said an accident WITH an SUV.

I hadn't considered the roll over and lack of braking aspect, but that just adds to my case.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.