FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Video gamers: The Revolution Controller (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Video gamers: The Revolution Controller
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
COUCH CUSHIONS!!!!!!! [Dont Know]
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taalcon:
quote:
was under the impression that it would come with NES games on the hardrive, with the ability to download games from SNES and N64. That's what I read from the gaming convention.

I don't see how any of that is possible with that controller.

Look at the controller - flipping it to the side, it basically becomes a perfectly serviceable NES controller!
I thought that was how it was supposed to be held until I saw the pics with the people holding it correctly.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MKellar
Member # 8133

- posted      Profile for MKellar   Email MKellar         Edit/Delete Post 
New info. Apparently a conventional normal controller like-shell will be available for the remote to slip down into to allow you to play "normally" if you are too big of an opponent of change. [Smile]
Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MKellar
Member # 8133

- posted      Profile for MKellar   Email MKellar         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found some user-created mockups of possible peripherals that look pretty intriguing.

For racing:
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheel24to.jpg

For shooting:
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=revzapper3xb.jpg

For whatever:
http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=understandingtherevolutioncont.jpg

For Classic N64 Gaming:
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=possiblen64shell8ye.jpg

There is a lot of potential here...

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
XD
The zapper!!! Oh, a rush of childhood memories of times when I would futily shoot at a certain giggling dog!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
This looks great. When I was younger we used to tease my mom for jerking the controller in the air to 'help' Mario make a jump. I think that using a motion sensor will be more intuitive than people realize.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree!! I was always made fun of for stuff like that!
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a TV remote. I guess that means my dad will have control of it. Because he controls all the remotes.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Audeo:
This looks great. When I was younger we used to tease my mom for jerking the controller in the air to 'help' Mario make a jump. I think that using a motion sensor will be more intuitive than people realize.

Don't you know that the Nintendo controllers had sekrit motion sensors? That actually worked!

[Wink]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I jerk the controller about even if the game is loading. Nothing happens then though.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, check out this article with speculation on how the new controller could change the whole zelda series.

quote:
For starters, this probably means that we will no longer play Link; we will be Link.

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The jerking the controller around phenomenon amused me most when people would do it with a gameboy, moving the screen around so much they couldn't really see what they were doing.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.