FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hairdressing advice, now with picture!

Author Topic: Hairdressing advice, now with picture!
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Simple question really... I had the first haircut of my life this morning, and I wonder : how often are you supposed to go to the hairdresser to refresh it?

[ September 24, 2005, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was once per month. Or I heard that to make it grow really fast, have your ends trimmed one inch every month and blend the pulp of aloe vera in your shampoo. I have done the shampoo thing, and it worked WONDERS for me.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
How long is your hair? I only get mine trimmed a few times a year, although you're supposed to go in at least every month and a half to two months, according to them. But if you have short hair, you'll need maintenance a lot more often.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
pic!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

My hair are now on my neck. I'll post a pic for Foobonic as soon as possible (probably Monday since Hubby's working on our electricity, which means not a lot of time with the computer...).
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't gotten a haircut in seven years so I have no good advice, but I can't wait to see the picture [Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you like it, that is quite a bit of hair to remove at once, sin't it?

How do you like it so far?

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Short hair is the best. [Big Grin]

Except you have to get it cut once a month. >_<

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
If you can afford to go once a month, go. My stylist recommends going every 6 weeks.

I, however, go whenever the cut gets too out of shape or its so long that I can't stand it. Since I'm also a poor college student who lives away from home, I usually get mine cut every 3 or 4 months.

Going every month is great, but not terribly necessary.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

It was a lot of hair to remove, yes! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them on the floor. I really like the new haircut and I also like the "light" feeling, you know, because they were heavy on my head.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, at the neck, I would say every two months or so is the minimum.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Now with picture!
Thank you Ludosti!

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
tres jolie!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
J'aime beaucoup ta nouvelle coiffure. Pas trop longue, mais pas trop court. Uprooted a raison--très jolie!

Je ne vais chez le coiffeur que 4 ou 5 fois par année. Peut-être c’est parce que je suis pauvre étudiant comme Shanna. In ton cas, je crois qu’une fois chaque 2 mois sera bien.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, I like it. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Every six weeks is normal. When my hair was like that I would go every 3 months. Now that it's long I go once or twice a year.

By the way, it looks wonderful! [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.