FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mac Geeks - (don't) watch this stream (no longer live)

Author Topic: Mac Geeks - (don't) watch this stream (no longer live)
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I know this is short notice. But if you are interested in Mac geeky stuff, at a computer with Quicktime in an hour (12 PM pacific, 1 PM Mountain), please watch this live stream:

http://data.scl.utah.edu/fmi/xsl/stream/details.xsl?-recid=32

Why? We do monthly Mac meetings at my campus and nobody ever watches the live stream, so my boss isn't that inclined to keep doing it...

Today's agenda:

Mac OS X Forensics
Online Self Service Scheduling system.
(the Altiris guy canceled)

[ September 21, 2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: human_2.0 ]

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll watch!
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

The link should be live in 5 minutes, and I hope by then I've actually set up the camera and it is streaming!
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

'k
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

And an AOL chatroom will be "U of U Mac"
narrativium
Member # 3230

I don't see the stream.

EDIT: Nevermind. My transport settings were wrong.

narrativium
Member # 3230

It keeps timing out.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

[Frown]

I don't know what is up. Someone else is connected... Are you behind a firewall or NAT?

human_2.0
Member # 6006

Stream is still live. Altiris people showed up and are presenting
human_2.0
Member # 6006

Now the forensics portion is on.

I'm really just trying to increase my post count...

human_2.0
Member # 6006

Thanks for those who connected (or tried). I had a max of 10 viewers and it finally leveled to 5. I posted a few other places, so I'm not sure who connected.

Only 5 more posts until I get 200 posts. [Smile]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
How come I've never heard of these monthly Mac meetings. I'm not only on the same campus, I'm in the same building as SCI (at least until they finish the Warnock building).
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've spoke too soon. This is with SCL not SCI. I'm not in the same building just on the same campus.

So human_2.0, why haven't you ever come by my office hours?

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Where was this Derrick Donnelly when I lost my hard drive this spring?

Actually, I guess he might have been working on it. I gave the drive to our departmentally IT guys and they took it to the guys in SC with the alleged beyond the cutting edge tools. It could have been Derrick. But alas, it was all umsonst.

human_2.0
Member # 6006

LOL. I don't know what your office hours are! (I don't even know your name!)

Where are you? I'm in the Marriott Library in the Multimedia Center.

You've never heard of the meetings because we Mac types are secretive and slunk around in the corners waiting for a PC virus to pop up so we can point and laugh and say "I told you so!" [Wink]

Meanwhile, I'm off to put out some fires...

The Rabbit
Member # 671

But I am a MAC type. I'm posting from a G5 running panther.

I really should upgrade to Tiger but I haven't had the time.

human_2.0
Member # 6006

Ooo! Fun! Where are you on campus? I'm posting from a G5 running panther too. Everything else I have is Tiger, but I haven't had time to upgrade my main box. I'm one of the guys that manages all the public Macs in the library, Union, and Res Halls.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I'm in MEB room 2298, campus phone 7-9696.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

MEB? Are you a CS professor or engineering?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.