FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dungeons and Dragons II...OMG! It was fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful and sweet.

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons II...OMG! It was fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful and sweet.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scifi.com/dnd/

Since I am the only person in the world who liked the first one, I guess I'll be the only one who'll be seeing this one.

Nice of the Sci Fi channel to make the movie just for me, I must say. [Smile]

[ October 09, 2005, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
You should write them a thank-you note.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've ever laughed harder than I did when watching Dungeons and Dragons with my brothers.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Hrmph. Dungeons & Dragons was a terrible movie. Though I wonder if it would be more amusing (aka more mockable) if I had seen it after playing D&D, instead of several years before I started.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a screening copy of DND2, and I enjoyed the first movie. I mean Jermey Irons is awesome.

This on the other hand was bad, Sheena bad. I was extremely bored, it felt like being over at your buddies house and watching him play World of Warcraft for 2 hours, only the plot wasn't as good.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatic:
You should write them a thank-you note.

--Enigmatic

They should write HIM a thank you note.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
Except for the scene with the Beholders floating around, that movie SUCKED!

As a long time D&D geek. I was offended by that movie.

But the XBOX game rocked!

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've got to say I had waited for twenty years for the D and D movie. I can't say I hated, simply because I was more embarassed by it.

And the beholders looked cool, but all they did was get distracted when someone threw a rock as a distraction. Uh yeah...

And the acting? When I walk out of a movie and say that Wayans the Lesser (II) was the best part of the movie, it must have really, really sucked.

I'll watch D&D2, but I won't hold much for expectations.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Why have the gods forsaken me? May they hear my petition and strike down the person who greenlighted this in the most excruciatingly possible way.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
And then they could strike down the person responsible for the wretched Earthsea adaptation.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

We'll always have The Mists of Avalon, Cow.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe Jeremy Irons was in the first one.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Only one hour! OMG! OMG! OMG!
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*watching now*

Wow, this is way better than the original movie. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Fun. [Smile]

The first one was low level, this one is high level.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow, this is way better than the original movie.
How hard could it be?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
A D&D series with characters Leveling up over time and growing in ability would work, it would be true to the game, the Cartoon was better then the movie and that is saying something. I will likely watch the new one though, some late night back home when I cannot sleep and the Sci-fi channel is coasting..

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I started watching it, fell asleep when Damodar started ranting about how Profion put a curse on him...or something.

Came to, decided to watch my "Record of Lodoss War" OAV tapes instead.

Now _that's_ a DnD adaptation done right.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yanno, this wasn't bad. Beat the heck out of the first one and it appeared that the actors actually wanted to be in it.

All around, fairly cool, including references to old school modules like The Ghost Tower of Inverness and the Shirne of the Kuo-Toa.

Not bad, was actually glad I watched it.

Do it again! (And the D and D commercials were great I thought.)

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Going to have to disagree with you on that one, Sopwith. I felt really bad watching the D&D commercials, as they just struck me as really lacking in almost anything that would get people to actually play D&D.
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
phooey, I missed it.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KPhysicsGeek
Member # 8655

- posted      Profile for KPhysicsGeek   Email KPhysicsGeek         Edit/Delete Post 
It was very ammusing. I watched it in Mystery Science Theater 3000 style with 5 other gamers (What are you doing?!? The mage never enters a room first, that's what the meat sheild is for!)

All in all an enjoyable experience, and I think it was much better than the first, although it moved slowly.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.