FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Doctor Who season two??

Author Topic: Doctor Who season two??
Stark
Member # 6831

- posted      Profile for Stark   Email Stark         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been keeping up with this show even though I'm never able to catch new episodes (being american and all). The last time I checked the bbc website they had some info on the new Doctor and some upcoming episodes but I didn't see a seriies II debut date. Does anyone know when it's going to start?
Posts: 58 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, season two starts somewhere around the end of October, 1964.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stark
Member # 6831

- posted      Profile for Stark   Email Stark         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Speed:
Apparently, season two starts somewhere around the end of October, 1964.

Hope that helps.

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 58 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Started this evening in the UK!

Still good. Silly, but good. David Tennant takes some getting used to, but I like him.

I can't wait for the episode in a couple of weeks time with Anthony Head (Giles from Buffy) playing a demon headmaster. [Big Grin] It's fun when shows collide.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, that means Canada isn't far behind.

*bounce*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

Yay! Giles as a baddie! [Party]

Amazing episode tonight. I know the USA is a year behind, but is this on in Canada yet?

*SPOILERS*

I very nearly cried at the end. I'm a sucker for sad/happy goodbyes. I still remember Sarah-Jane and her tin dog from the repeats of the classic series I used to watch when I was little. [Cry]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That rhymes! *sings to herself* Doctor Who, season two. Doctor Who, season two.

Yeah, I know I'm weird, get over it [Wink]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the point speed was trying to make is that this is actually something like season 10 or 20 [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

Actually, apperently it's series 28 or something ridiculous. [Razz]
But this is the second series (season) of the new series. So both arguements are true.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen the Christmas special and the first episode of the new season, but does the new Doctor strike anyone else as being, I don't know, full of empty-headed, priggish morality?

SPOILERS FOR THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

For example, the whole "They were leaving and you murdered them." thing from the Christmas special. To me, all Harriet Jones had to say was "And the next planet they go to, to rape of reasources and enslave the populace? Are we supposed to not care about them because the slavers left us alone? If you set out on a life of piracy, I think you have to accept that you may someday run into someone with a really big gun. And, frankly, Doctor, I think it's the responsibility of those who can defend themselves aginst the wolves of the universe to make a stand for those who are helpless." HJ was awesome in the first season and in the beginning of the special, but I think she got turned into a prop for the morality of the stupid at the end.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, what the heck happened to Captain Jack?
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.