FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle?

Author Topic: Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle?
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I know, its hard to pick a favorite...

There are so many reasons to love all of them...

Rafael, the angry and dangerous one; Donatello the clever and cool one; Michaelangelo, the crazy and funny one (COWABUNGA!!); and of course, Leonardo, the leader, the backbone, the one with the awesome samurai swords.

Early 90's toys rock!!

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello was my favorite, but I think Leo got the best weapon.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello or Michaelangelo. One's smart, the other's funny. So they both rock. Weapon-wise though, Leonardo wins, followed closely by Raphael. Donatello and Michaelangelo sort of got shafted there. Oh well.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello. I was (am) a nerd.
And...Donatello...Shafted. That's just funny.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say Leonardo or Michaelangelo. Michaelangelo was just so funny, and as a little kid, comedy is everything.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello. Always was, always will be my favorite. Then again, that could be because the bo is so kick ass. Rafael and his sais would stand a chance if he ever actually used them the way they're supposed to be used in the show.

In the manga, on the other hand, he was pretty awesome. And Usagi Yojimbo > all the turtles.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Raphael for the character depth and the brooding loner vibe, Donatello for the brains.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
<Sings> Michaelangelo was a party dude....PARTYYYYYYY!

You gotta love Mikie. Though in the NES game I always picked Donatello b/c his bo staff rocked.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You gotta love Mikie. Though in the NES game I always picked Donatello b/c his bo staff rocked.
Thats so weird because that is totally me. I always liked Michaelangelo but I chose Donatello in the game.
Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Long live Lord Krang and the Technodrome!
[Big Grin]

I think Don or Raf were my favorites.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ninjas are against my religion as they are the natural enemies of Pirates.

Y'arrrrrrr

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm even more of a nerd than all of you! I have to pick Donatello because Corey Feldman was his voice...ahhh, Corey.

edit to fix typo.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Rafael, but I was a teenager. I loved him for the same reason Tom Felton gets the adoring fanmail.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLM
Member # 7800

- posted      Profile for JLM           Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked Michaelangelo best, but thought Leonardo was a dweeb.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I was tied between Michaelangelo and Donatello. I still have all the action figures.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Turtle for every mood!

Rafael when you are angry, Michaelangelo when you want to party, Donatello when you feel nerdy, and Leonardo when you feel like taking charge.

P.S. Click on the links up above on the Turtles names, the pics are SWEET.

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
Donnie for sure. Woo-hoo for the CGI movie in 2007!!!
Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite Turtle is TMNT-Soup. With some fresh onion and nice bit of mushroom broth.

TMNT says mmmm, mmmm, good.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello.
I remember this show fondly, as many other cartoons.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Raphael or Donatello [Smile]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zarex
Member # 8504

- posted      Profile for Zarex   Email Zarex         Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello, gotta love the brains and the staff.
Posts: 250 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the English were the natural enemy of pirates.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar300:
I thought the English were the natural enemy of pirates.

Facts:
1. Pirates are mammals.
2. Pirates fight and drink ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the pirate is to get drunk and kill people.

And that's what I call REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Raph all the way. When I was little and shy in the corner I suppose he was the things I wanted to be. When I got a little older and outgoing he became the one I identified with.

Unless we're talking about the video games. His reach tends to suck and it's usually best to go with Donatello.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonardo is just cool. I mean, we're talking awesome.

Why would the English be the natural enemy of the pirates? I mean, the modern pirate is descended from the privateers Good Queen Bess sponsored. There has to be a better way to express the love-hate relationship involved.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Boticelli... he was the weight-challenged ninja turtle.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

Boticelli? Ha. Worst painter of the Italian Rennaissance, too.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Donatello. Hands down. His bo staff is just so f*cking awesome.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

*hums the post-count-fluffing song*

I wish Leo had made better use of the swords. At points they seemed so . . . mundane.

human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
So long ago.. I think it was Donatello. Or Raphael. Donatello or Leo for the video game. I can still see the birdlike robots biting me...
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to get Michelangelo confused with Michelangelo. I didn't know enough to be confused about the others.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
The voice actor for Leo is the same guy who did Kaneda from AKIRA.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
"I used to get Michelangelo confused with Michelangelo."

One is a turtle. *nods* Glad to be of use. *swirls cape and flies off into the darkness*

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, Splinter was the cool one. Mikie was always the best turtle, but none was cooler than Splinter.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally had a crush on one of them when I was a teen, but I can't remember now who! Donatello is my guess.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone play the TMNT games? My favorites are TMNT2: The Arcade game on the NES and TMNT4: Turtles in Time on the SNES. Both were quite awesome (and based on the arcade versions). The recent TMNT games (based off the new cartoon) haven't been as good (my brother and sister got me the 2nd one for Christmas, and we still haven't finished it).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Boticelli... he was the weight-challenged ninja turtle
Ha, it's all about Brunelleschi, but of course he was kicked out for having an ogival shell...and for all that pesky mathematical perspective.

Honestly, my favorites were Donatello and Raphael, which is wierd 'cause when it comes to the real artists, I like Michaelangelo and Leonardo best...go figure.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Michelangelo. Period.

EDIT: This is post 1776, long live the revolution!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked Donatello.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Honestly, my favorites were Donatello and Raphael, which is wierd 'cause when it comes to the real artists, I like Michaelangelo and Leonardo best...go figure.
Well, those two are also the ones we're most exposed to. Go into any highschool and ask for examples of each of the four artist's work and I'm willing to bet most students leave blanks next to Donatello and Raphael. Which is too bad, really.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

I do like Donatello quite a lot. The artist, not the turtle.
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
Michaelangelo was the best, but not because of the Party Dude persona. He was just the coolest and everyone else is wrong.
Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked the Master guy. What was his name?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thank you, beverly. You make me feel so much better about myself. I had a crush on Raphael and whenever I tell people, they give me weird looks and ask if I realize he was a turtle.

What's not to love, though? Pure teenage angst with a helping of turtle power.

Sopwith made a funny. [Big Grin]

Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Or what about the guy with the hockey sticks. He was in one of the movies wasn't he? He was pretty neat-o as well.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
Master Splinter and Casey Jones?
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Yeah them. I liked them better than the turtles actually. I thought that they were too.........green. I didn't like the color green in those days.
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Racist! Green people have feelings too, you know.

I liked Leonardo and Raphael. Leonardo because he had the cool swords and he dressed in blue (don't ask me, I guess I liked blue a lot back then) and Raphael because he seemed like the only one of them who had his head on straight and wasn't high on radioactive green goo [Razz]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
*has theme from first Ninja Turtle game for the NES on her head*
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Palliard
Member # 8109

- posted      Profile for Palliard   Email Palliard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm enough of a nerd that I was into the comic before it got popular and made into a cartoon. In the old comics their personalities weren't as defined (on the other hand, they did actually bloodily kill people ninja-style), but I'd have to say Raphael.

That being said, I'd take Usagi over any turtle. If you only know Usagi from his crappy one-shot guest appearances in the Turtles cartoons... you've missed out.

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.