FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Space Time Block Coding (STBC) and beamforming

Author Topic: Space Time Block Coding (STBC) and beamforming
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't that sound like something that should be in the next great sci-fi novel?

http://www.reed-electronics.com/electronicnews/article/CA6267288.html

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I should have quoted the article...

It is about the next version of wifi

quote:
The consortium designed its specification to support speeds of up to 600Mbps, and is considering the inclusion of other advanced technologies -- including Space Time Block Coding (STBC) and beamforming – to allow systems to deliver greater range for wireless products across multiple market segments and support advanced multimedia applications.
I have no idea what this means and don't care.

But don't the words just sound so freakin' awesome? I want to write a sci-fi novel for nanowrimo (if I keep saying this, maybe it will really happen...) and I WISHED I made up these words so I could put them in it!

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, you can still do it anyway. Not the making up the words bit, but the writing the NaNovel bit and using the words in a way they weren't originally intended.

Join us! Join the dark side!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.