FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Grandmother may die.

Author Topic: My Grandmother may die.
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
While I was in Europe my Grandmother got sick from a combination of her medicines. Then after the hospital corrected it and re hydrated her they sent her home and she fell and shattered her knee. For six hours she was unconscious and finally she reached the phone and called for help.

There is not a good chance that I will get to go home on Emergency Leave for this my closest relative so I am very sad, I can only ask for prayers that she pull through as she seems to be getting worse for no apparent reason.

My family is all gathering there in Iowa so I know it is worse then they are telling me, I know they fear distraction will cause me to be foolish on a patrol.

Please keep her in your prayers for me, while this sorts itself out, I am a muddle because I know how much she wants to be with Grandpa again, but I want her to meet my wife and daughter before she leaves me.

Scott Stream

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
You have my heartfelt prayers for her recovery. (((hugs)))
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are with you, Scott.

I hope you do manage to get Emergency Leave.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott,

I'll add your grandmother and your entire family to my prayers. And please do stay focused over there (on patrol and otherwise).

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I will keep your grandmother in my prayers. And my thoughts will be with you, and with your family in Iowa.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with everything
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Scott)))

You, your grandma and your whole family are in my prayers.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers and thoughts to you and yours.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I'm so sorry.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
In the name of what I hope is God's atonement, and in the name of the Day of Atonement I sacrificed 25 hours of food, drink, sleep and almost breath for, in the name of what is hopefully a clean record I set myself (after weeks of mental preparation) - I give my prayers to save a soul.

My prayers are with your grandmother, BC. I know how hard it was for me to lost mine when I only knew her for a fortnight plus a couple of postcards.

I never got to send her a postcard of Israeli animals. It's on my heart to this very day.

May God save another soul. God gives and God takes, but God saves souls until the very last moment.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.