FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Online Job Apps

Author Topic: Online Job Apps
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody have any experience applying for a job online? How do I go about checking up on the application? Or do companies put applications online to keep you from checking up on them, forcing you to wait anxiously by the phone every waking minute?

If it matters, the jobs I've applied for online are Best Buy and Hastings.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I've applied online for jobs before. I applied at my current employer through Career Builder. Follow-up depends a bit on what type of job you're applying for. Retail and call-center jobs tend to have higher turnovers and hire more frequently, so you should hopefully hear back fairly soon. If you don't hear anything from the places you applied within 2 weeks you should call them, ask for HR, and explain that you applied online 2 weeks ago and wanted to make sure that your application was received. Do not be overly pushy about it, but do take the initiative to follow-up on your application.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had bad experience with applying online. Most of the places I've applied online have just ignored my application more or less. It could just be the area I'm from though (where everything seems to work on "who do you know" system).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
I got my current job through Monster.com but I looked for a year before finding it.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.