FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In Development: Male Contraceptive Patch (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In Development: Male Contraceptive Patch
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I'm in bad reaction camp myself. Nasty vile reaction camp. Depo was the worst, and I didn't take it for BC reasons. Never again for any of them for me.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the pill. [Big Grin]

(There is some evidence coming out now that it might actually lower some cancer risks, if I recall correctly)

But that's not why I love the pill.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there's some evidence of it raising risks of certain cancers and lowering risks for others. I haven't seen much definitive research on what it does, and so far as I know, the rate of cancer and heart disease hasn't increased dramatically since the pill was introduced.

And the benefits are pretty clear...

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
They will still should be great swimmers in powerful numbers, which should be nice for the male ego.

Still confused by guys who take this sort of thing seriously. If I have to have a gauge to judge my masculinity in the bedroom, shouldn't it be the level of enjoyment my partner experiences? In that regard it's immaterial whether or not I produce anything at all.
Of course, this atttitude works best with a partner who feels the same way in reverse [Smile]

Don't understand guys who won't use condoms, don't understand guys who won't touch any pastel-colored packages in the "feminine care" aisle, don't understand guys who pride themselves on their wigglers. Don't understand most guys, come to that.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Most of them aren't pastel colored anymore. Bright pinks, teals, and blues are much more commen, I think.

[Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one of the few I've ever met for whom the pill actually made things worse, period wise. I was regular, like clockwork; I knew the exact day, and usually time of day. Now, though, it's any time within a week time frame (sometimes early, sometimes late, who knows?). The only good thing is no more cramps, but those weren't that bad to begin with.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I am delighted to live in a world that can support (at least in a loose sense [Wink] ) you and Dana. If it couldn't, I'd start looking for another.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Um . . .?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...

So now I know where all those pastel packages are coming from.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

No! I mean, you are Chris are two of my role models of sane, sensible, thoughtful living.

Separately.

Living separately.

And totally not in the same bed, or anything.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(I'm not going to say anything else, right now. Still working my way through my big toe.)
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

And I like Bob, too. He's the model of insane, sensible, thoughtful living.

That whole pun thing, you know.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I don't understand it either. It came up about a year ago on a thread about vasectomies and the guys who said they really, really didn't like the idea *because* of the fact that it stops the sperm altogether.

Porter is squicked by vasectomy because it involves sharp objects coming at his privates. [Wink]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I think that's where I got that sort of idea, too.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously I wouldn't advise anyone to do it unless they were absolutely certain that was the best way. But hey, if he was a real man he knows his privates scoff at mere cutting implements...

CT - there are a lot of things I don't understand about how many women think, either, I just don't feel as qualified to speak on that [Smile]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.