FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » An Introduction (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: An Introduction
Domasai
Member # 8739

- posted      Profile for Domasai   Email Domasai         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Domasai. We sort of met in AIM last night, but welcome to the forum.

Interesting introduction. I write too, but mostly non-fiction. I play around with fiction, but I'm not that good at it.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I admit it. I usually skip intro posts. They are often the same story. Love Card. EG is my bible...

But yours. I knew yours was special. Your intro has made it to two pages, and quickly.

I am very disappointed about not being able to read the story. You really got my hopes up. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say you will be forgiven if you at least perform a heartfelt search for the story. [Wink]

Oh, and welcome to Hatrack, Dom!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domasai
Member # 8739

- posted      Profile for Domasai   Email Domasai         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, LittleMiss and Valentine. As for my intro being special ... I have no clue. But I've enough experience with messageboards and the like to know what the customary introduction post is and how often people just shuffle past them. And I wanted to be clear on where I come from and who I am. Sure, I could tell you statistics and dates, but like history texts, the good stuff is in the life moments.

And I know people are disappointed about the story. I will say this much, I have looked for it a bit. Called my parents, asked if they had a copy of it anywhere, but that query was followed with uncertainty and complaining so I let it go for now. I'm planning to spend some time with them this week though, so I'll look around and see if I can find it in any form.

"Love Card."
Hmm. I admire Card. I think he's a truly talented storyteller. That said, I don't love him; I've never met him. I'll keep that sort of affection to myself till he and I become bosom buddies.

"EG is my bible..."
Considering Card is Mormon, I'm sure he'd prefer someone's bible to be, well ... not something he wrote. But hey, different strokes for different folks; I'm happy if you're happy. That sort of thing.

And yes, I know that one was likely said in jest; I'm just being a punk about it. [Smile]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.