FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So* was this a cheesy pick up line?

Author Topic: So* was this a cheesy pick up line?
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here’s the story. This is a girl I’ve know for a few years but hadn’t seen for a while. Saw her at her new job at a local convince store and started going there more frequently.
After WVU’s big come back win this weekend I stopped and we were talking about the game and I asked why she didn’t go. She said she had asked for it off and they never give her game days off. So I said well next home game I’ll have to kidnap you (jokingly of course). She laughed and said that would work.
Stopped in Sunday before church and she was working so we talked for a bit and then I said if I’m going to kidnap you for the game I’ll need your phone number.
And she gave it to me. Two of them. Home and cell. The cell is on top and the home below, so does that mean I call the cell first?
Might have been cheesy, but it worked!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hoo boy, yes it was cheesy. But hey, why argue with success? [Wink]

Yes, call the cell first.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheesy indeed but currently being used on both sides of the Atlantic ...

To travel that fast it must be a highly successful line!

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
All pickup lines are cheesy, that's their very nature. One of the many reasons why they're universally disdained. But if it ain't broke.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's just trying to figure out if he has a date with the kind of girl who responds to cheesy pick-up lines. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Van Pelt
Member # 5767

- posted      Profile for John Van Pelt   Email John Van Pelt         Edit/Delete Post 
You did good.

Especially seeing as she was working at a convince store.

Posts: 431 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the singer, not the song.

Every pick up line is cheesy, but that doesn't matter. It isn't the quality of the line used that gets the girl's number or a date with her. It's you.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Enigmatic, that sounds like the makings of a country song! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it sounded more like the ending of an inspirational short film. Like Kevin Smith and his Magic Feather.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I got a phone number. Now to get the date.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
GO JAY! In honor of this momentous occasion I shall start a new thread forthwith.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Always call the cell first.

That's what I do...because if you call the house, you don't know who'll answer.

When I lived at home and didn't have a cell phone, many a sheepish boy discovered that he'd tried to strike up a flirtatious conversation...with my mother. [ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.