FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Fantasy Basketball league on Yahoo!

Author Topic: Hatrack Fantasy Basketball league on Yahoo!
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
So here's the basketball version, just like our baseball one and our football one. Guess we should post the standings since we're 6 weeks in. Fun! Oh, yeah, basketball in this thread.
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/116032

I’ve set up a Hatrack Fantasy Basketball league on Yahoo. It’s free. It’s fun. If you’ve never played it’s very easy and you really don’t have to do much if you don’t want to. Basically there is a draft and all the people in the league divide up NBA players onto teams of their own and score points based on their performance. First game is Oct 31, so there isn't a ton of time to get in, set up your pre-rankings of your players if you like, have the draft, and do any trading before the season starts. I left the league settings to the same as the public leagues.
So here’s the email Yahoo usually sends out with an invite:

You have been invited to join jaytrek25's Custom League in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy NBA.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to
game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 116032
Password: osc

We will send you a confirmation with further details once you have completed the registration process.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Any interest?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I will probably join. I have had disappointing seasons in the other Hatrack leagues...sad times in KetchupLand.

How many teams is this league set to?

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it going to be a live draft?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
I see nobody's into a fantasy hockey version....damn my sport and it's lack of appeal to the masses...
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Public league settings with 12 team max (that can be changed) with an auto draft.
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Only 2 teams so far. I guess one of us will place 2nd and the other 2nd to last. What is the minimum amount of teams you can have?
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Not sure.... I guess there would be lots of free agents
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

Just looked into it....the minimum is 4.
Mintieman
Member # 4620

- posted      Profile for Mintieman   Email Mintieman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll join
Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Yahoo! 3 now. Cool.

What does no one like a bunch of brats throwing a ball through a hole?

GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't hit 6 before the draft I'll join. But right now I'm doing a league with a $10 buy-in to it and winner takes all, so I want to put my focus into that league.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Cool. Join on up and you'll be 4 and maybe that'll get one or two more to join. Looks like we'll all have all star teams!
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine... I'll join...

Your pitiful cries for help convinced me [Smile]

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Cool! That's 4. Jaime will be 5. Sweet.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I could join...

But I couldn't care less about basketball, and fear I would lose interest.

I would probably leave the rankings as yahoo sets them, and then go from there.

If I stopped paying attention to my team halfway through, would anyone be mad at me?

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Nope. It'll send you an email for trades and really once you put in your guys you're golden for the most part. Maybe some injuries every now and then. But having a 6th would be good.
Jay
Member # 5786

Bump it for ya weekend people
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be interested. What exactly does playing involve? Do you have to actually know about NBA players? Forgive me if this is a silly question.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Not really. They give you all the stats and you can see which category you need help in. It’s a rotisserie league with the following categories:

FG% (Field Goal), FT% (Free Throws), 3PTM (Points made), PTS (Points), REB (Rebounds) , AST (Assists), ST (Steals), BLK (Blocks), TO (Turnovers)

So suppose you check your standings out and you in last place in steals. Well, you can go out to free agents and see who is out there that will help you steal better. Or you could trade with someone who has lots of steals but needs help in rebounds. Players are ranked so basically everything can be a numbers game.

Jay
Member # 5786

Cool. We've got 6 now.

NBA starts on Oct 31st. So we should probably draft this week. How about set it ready on Tuesday the 25th?

KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

Works for me. That will give people a week to get the teams set.
Jay
Member # 5786

Ok. It's set.

Not sure if you can still get in now....

Should be a bunch of all star teams. Could be fun! Good luck.

May the best group of thugs win.

Mintieman
Member # 4620

- posted      Profile for Mintieman   Email Mintieman         Edit/Delete Post 
How is it decided who gets to draft first? or is the draft somehow balanced?
Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solero
Member # 8668

- posted      Profile for solero   Email solero         Edit/Delete Post 
how do i join or do i have to make my own team or wat I AM CONFUSED!!!!
Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solero
Member # 8668

- posted      Profile for solero   Email solero         Edit/Delete Post 
oic nvm
Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.