FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Megas XLR

Author Topic: Megas XLR
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who thinks this was quite possibly the coolest and funniest cartoon show in years?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, good. I've finally found a show that I like that no one else likes, and I can overhype it to all my friends. I've been waiting for this for years.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't quite go as far as the coolest and funniest in years (I worship ZIM!) but Megas XLR is a pretty awesome cartoon on many levels. I liked the one with area 51 and the cheesy 50s-style giant robot. Also the parodies of Voltron and Sailor Moon.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Futuristic Red Head

Giant Robots

Chubby video game addict, slurpee loving hero.

Complete disregard for amount of destruction unleased.

Catchy theme song.

It's great. Very great. And the first four episodes are on On Demand through Comcast. Yay!

[ October 19, 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And you wonder why I'm staying in the other room.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't wonder, actually.

You're antilove.

Why do you hate love, Jamie? What has it ever done to you? Why can't you just learn to accept and love love?

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Only when it brings me chocolate.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

If I had a giant robot car, I would get you chocolate every night.

But you have to be a future space babe, in return. And I want a catchy theme song.

mackillian
Member # 586

Do I get a cape?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Comcast OD? How do I get to it on the On Demand menu?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hit The Ondemand Button > Kids > Cartoon Network > Action > Pick Episode

You have to have at least Standard Cable and a digital package, though. So if you have standard and you have access to On Demand, you have these.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

And yes, Jamie. A cape is bonus points. Kinky bonus points. [Wink]
mackillian
Member # 586

Score! But not NOW.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yes. 'Score' is exactly what I was thinking, too.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
You dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots...

I love this show...

Did you see the send up of "Battle of the Planets"? awesome stuff...

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
What? are you guys like 9 years old?
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

What, you're too good to appreciate a comic cartoon?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about a hot Corvette-based Cadillac sports car.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Now... imagine that car on top of a 40 story blue mech with flaming decals and rockets and you only get half of the sweetness of the show.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

don't forget the chrome mudflap girls...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
NO CAPES!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Personal experience?
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

+1 for the "Incredibles" reference...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.