FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sox vs. Astros

Author Topic: Sox vs. Astros
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*rubs hands together*

Tonight my pretties....tonight!!

Do we have any astros fans on this here forum? I haven't seen any. If we do, you guys should join the fray and tell us White Sox fans what you really think of us. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really a baseball fan in general, and my parents are only quasi-Cubs fans (they don't go to games, and they aren't at all rabid about their fandom). But I was surprised at how disgusted I felt at the idea of a White Sox-Cardinals World Series. I was quite relieved when the Astros knocked them out of the running.

Other than that, I'm ambivalent. I'm from the Chicago area, but my brother lives in Houston...I actually don't really want either to win, but I guess I'd prefer the Astros since I've been semi-conditioned to dislike the White Sox. [Wink]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it begins tonight. 4 more games for the Sox and the celebration can truly begin.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Why..do they want the Astro's to win too? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Four More! Four More!

I'm going to miss tonight's game {grumble grumble} We're going to a Halloween party hosted by DD1's best friend and I seriously doubt the game will be on anywhere. None of the daddies are even invited, and I think I'm the only mom in the bunch that likes sports.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

With my unbiased opinion, I'm going to advice you to root for the Sox.

Go Sox!

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Big Grin] We won! 1 down, 3 to go.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Astro fans are still not used to the fact that we are even in the world series. This is new for us remember. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently the singing psychic, Fran, says the Sox will win in 4 or 5 games. Just so you know.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we lost, I get to watch the rest of the World Series now (i had abstained because the only Astros/Cards game i got to watch was one they lost.) That kills my superstition.

I lived in Houston for 14 years and while I'm not a huge fan, I still have fond memories of the team. Just getting to this point is a great gift to the people of the Houston-area. I never imagined it would happen. Now it has and I can't help but imagine how exciting it would be to win it all.

Congrats to the White Soxs and their fans for also getting this far. May it be an exciting week to remember!

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
omg the singing psychic is still around? LOL

I'm slightly twisted. There's a part of me that would like to see the Sox drop two games just so the series can come back to Chicago for the final game... but most of me realizes that if they DID drop two, it would be a massive blow to their confidence, especially after sweeping the Bosox and taking four in a row from the Angels. And I'm not so sure they could recover from that, even on their home field. (plus I'm leery of how Chicago in general would react to winning the Series at home...)

So I'll just keep up my chant - which is now Three More! Three More! - and not specify whether that's games or wins...

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

Agreed. Lets get this series done and over with as quickly as possible. Although I'm not as fearful as I once was. When Dye had that foul ball go into and then out of his glove, I wasn't thinking "Here we go again, just like the Cubs". I have confidence that the Sox can make a mistake, but still pick themselves up after it happens. Anyway, 3 more, however they may come!

Go Sox

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
All things being equal, I'm pulling for the 'stros. The people of Houston really stepped up during the Katrina crisis and I think that good karma should count for something. [Wink]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

Let it be known. If the Sox can win two more games, I will have ovaries surgically implanted so I can bear Ozzie's love child.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Uh...ok.

I'm really really bummed! The ONE game I couldn't watch and someone hit a grand slam! Dang it!

I'm glad they won though.

Heffaji
Member # 3669

Yeah, it was an amazing game. Everything so far has been going our way, so hopefully it keeps up.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
After yet another crappy call by the umps in favor of the Sox, I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of conspiracy going on.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

After tonight, they proved they can win with a play called against them that actually generates runs. And now, only one more...
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

My entire office is draggy and zoned out today. I think we all stayed up to watch the end. [Smile] Amazing, though, only the support staff managed to be here by 9:00, most of the attorneys still haven't arrived...

I noticed for the first time that my radio station has been playing "Kiss Him Goodbye" after each win. I turn on the radio as a sleep aid, and I normally don't go to bed so quickly after a game, so I didn't know that this was normal for them. I think it's kind of cool.

Narnia
Member # 1071

I didn't stay up to watch the end, but i was so hyper that I probably should have just stayed up. I'm dragging my butt today. [Smile]

But! Go Sox!! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.