FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Leaving Hatrack to Study

Author Topic: Leaving Hatrack to Study
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Lately, I've spent an average of at least four hours a day on Hatrack. At the same time, I'm woefully ignoring my classes and other responsibilities. So I've decided that I need to leave. When it comes to studying versus reading Hatrack, Hatrack seems to win every time. I'll probably be back after finals (early December). But for now I need to go and be responsible. I'm posting this because I know I'm a lot more likely to honor this promise if I make it public.

So goodbye for now Hatrack, I will miss you!

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I should do this! But it's not going to happen, maybe I should say i'll be back tommorow at 11am, I think I could do that one.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not having that problem yet. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be waving goodbye, and then forgetting I told myself to leave for awhile. Good luck with school, Amanecer.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't you the one who got the A on that first paper, compared to me, Mr. B-? Now who really needs to study for classes instead of playing around on the internet? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I should do the same thing, but I have no willpower. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
All power to you. I've been telling myself for years that I need to do the same, but for good.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
A little early.
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Bye.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

WOO HOO!!! Finals are OVER!!!!! It's now my Christmas break, and I'm back at Hatrack! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
How did you manage to quit like that? I mean, I quit all the time, but it usually doesn't stick for more than a few hours.

Enjoy your break.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
"I mean, I quit all the time, but it usually doesn't stick for more than a few hours."

[Laugh] Tante

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

quote:
How did you manage to quit like that?
Well, to be honest, I cheated some. The first several weeks, I was really good about it. But I have real life friends who also post on hatrack, and something would come up in conversation so I'd just look at that one thread. And once there, I might see another thread or two that caught my eye. [Blushing] For the most part though, I was pretty good about staying off of hatrack. I checked a few other forums every once in a while and read a lot of yahoo news. Other than that, I think I actually studied more and since that was the point, yay! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.