FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » To Pierce or not to pierce (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: To Pierce or not to pierce
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my ears pierced when I was seven under duress. I didn't really want to, but my stepmother convinced me that I should. They used one of the gun things, and it burned for hours, and I got a terrible headache. Then I was allergic to the cleaning the solution and got a terrible scaly infected rash. Furthermore I had to sleep with the studs in my ears, and the backs of the earrings dug into the base of my skull and caused a large painful sore on both sides at my hairline, behind my ear.

Once they were healed, I wore earrings infrequently, maybe once every couple months for a few years, as I got older I wore them less frequently. Now I wear them once or twice a year. It's nice if I want to do something different, but I don't know if it was worth it. On a daily basis I find earrings to be a nuisance. They get tangled in my hair, dig into my neck/skull (I guess my earlobes are closely attached to my head), get caught on clothing, and bug me when the dangle. But like I said, it's nice if you want to 'dress up' with little effort. Because I don't wear them often, I think they add a much flashier look to even everyday outfits.

So I guess my recommendation is to think over how much you like to wear jewelry, if you're sensitive or if there is a family history of sensitivity to metals, and go for it if you're sure. Some people love having their ears pierced, and there are some really cool earrings, I'm rather indifferent.

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If sleeping with the earrings in bothers you, you can take a small piece of a cotton ball and stick it on the back of the stud at night. That really helped me for the first few weeks, until I got used to it.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Pearce has no piercings. [Razz]

And likes it that way.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.