FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 18 Rabbits, Girl Scouts, and gruesome stuff toward the bottom (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 18 Rabbits, Girl Scouts, and gruesome stuff toward the bottom
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
:snort: yep. I'm vewwy vewwy quiet!

:::shhhh! I'm hunting wabbit!:::

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
It's duck season!

Rabbit season!

Duck season!

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
*BLAM*

--

Incidently, my husband has developed a recipe for Autumn Stew, which calls for both rabbit and duck, along with pumpkin and other winter squashes. It's yummy.

Alas, badgers ate all of our ducks, so it will probably be rabbit and quail stew this year.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I have a Dr. Demento CD that has "Kill the Wabbit" by Ozzy Fudd on it. The kids love it!

[Big Grin]

Boon
unregistered

yeah, we're twisted.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually referring to the Teddy Roosevelt quote. But that works... [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Walk softly...but carry a big stick? yeah, I got it. I'm just wierd. My brain doesn't often stay where other people intend it to. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, trust me, I know.

It's part of why I love you so much. [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

brat [Grumble]
Boon
unregistered

Speaking of the zoo, we're off to get candy from...the...rabbits? [ROFL]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You want to be careful with things that rabbits put out... [Razz]
Boon
unregistered

ewww...and you licked it!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, well, you stepped in it. And there's some on your shirt.
Boon
unregistered

You licked my shirt? Taking this "honkers" thing a bit far, aren't you? Next thing I know, you'll be watching me wash my hair or something! [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Been there, done that. [Razz]
Boon
unregistered

okay, we're leaving now.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Have fun. [Evil Laugh]
Boon
unregistered

We did. The kids scored big time! Chocolate! Woot!
Boon
unregistered

One of the little kits died on the 29th. I think it just got squished, 'cause it was kind of flat and still warm, but hadn't been chewed on or anything.

sigh

And, this morning when I checked on the rabbits, one of the kits was cold, wrinkled, and not as big as the rest. It appeared not to have been fed recently. I figured it probably got shoved to the back and neglected so I put it right in the middle to get warm. When I checked it midday, it was warmer (but it was daytime, too) but it was still all wrinkled. This evening, it was cold again.

Currently, it's wrapped in a clean dry washcloth nestled someplace warm [Razz] with a full belly. If it lives, it'll probably become a bunny.

sigh

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, I'm sorry, you can't nurse something from a baby like that and then eat it. [Frown]
Boon
unregistered

It died anyway, sometime between 8 and 9am. [Frown]
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, I'm sorry, you can't nurse something from a baby like that and then eat it.
People ask me all the time why don't I just raise my own rodents to feed the snakes. I think it's horrible enough to have to feed them mice that I don't know - I can't imagine feeding my snake a mouse that I had raised!

Sorry about the baby bunny, Boon. [Frown]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Awww. [Frown]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.