FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am so pathetic

Author Topic: I am so pathetic
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
How did I spend my Friday night?

How did I spend the wild first night of a semi-holiday party weekend?

What truly amazing and satisfying adventure was I up to at 11:00pm that Friday that would kick off my party packed weekend?

I was dusting the rumps of the stuffed Calico cats hanging behind the toilet in my bathroom.

I'm not complaining about my wife. She was busy scrubbing the bathtub, removing those persistant calcium stains with shere muscle-power and an assortment of mind destroying chemicals.

I mean, given the choice, as I had been, the cat dusting was much preferred.

Still, compared to the parties, adventures, spooky ways to spend my Halloween weekend, I can think of nothing so truly scarey as dusting calico cat rumps in the bathroom.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariah
Member # 8773

- posted      Profile for Pariah   Email Pariah         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Dan, but just think that's something you'll never have to do again for another oh, 10-15 years. I bet your wifes back in that tub in that tub scrubbing in less than 6 months.(Not including showering [Big Grin] )

And besides what if you'd thrown some awesome holiday bash and someone went to use your bathroom and saw all that dust on you calico cats rumps on the back of the toilet tank! they might think you were bad people

Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, what if you through a pity party and nobody came.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent last night doing homework and sleeping rather than going to a Halloween party.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Dan)))
Feeling better? [Wink]
We went to the restaurant yesterday night, but there was no Halloween celebration since here only emergencies work on November, 1st.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd come to your pity party, but I'm too busy with my own. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't go to two hallowe'en parties on Friday night- I spent the time mending clothes and watching The West Wing. (In my defence I had to be up very early the next day).

[Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah the horror!
[Eek!]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't go to any halloween parties this weekend. Why? Because I don't know anybody in this town who would invite me to a party.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh - I think it's scarier to feel like you have to go out than to be ok with staying in. Dang it, I'm probably going out tomorrow . . . what shall I wear??? Argh. See?
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Blacwolve, no one invited me to any parties either
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.