FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Proud Moment

Author Topic: Proud Moment
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have dogs not kids. I'm bursting my buttons with pride though. While I'm proud of all of them, take a look at the 4th dog down.

http://sjonesce.home.comcast.net/LowRyder/puppies/litter1grownup.htm

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool AJ!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

http://www.anntaylor.com/Templates/Content/Catalog/atECatalog.tem

(it's the back page)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee! I ran to their site earlier to see if the catalog was there. So, so cool! I feel like a proud aunt because I got to meet the puppies. *laughs at self* I'm going to get a copy of the catalog once it comes out and hang the ad in my cubicle. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well I got my catalog before it got put on the website. [Big Grin] The owner sent it yesterday by DHL. I was blown away that she'd take the time to do it. She said it was the only hard copy she'd seen and she stole it from someone's desk.

I've been waving it around work and am going to have to frame it.

AJ

Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, how cool! [Smile]

How would you get into doggie modeling, anyway? I'd never thought about it before, but now I'm curious.

(And those are some adorable puppies, btw!)

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean, xnera, I feel proud too! I even bragged to one of my coworkers about her. [Big Grin]

AJ, congratulations! Your pups are just wonderful. I really enjoying seeing the updated pics on your site, too!

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Let's just hope Stella doesn't get seduced by the glamour and forget her old friends. [Wink]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
So, so terribly cool! Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Nell, in this case it was sheer luck. The owner, who was referred to me through the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club, is the director of Public Relations at Ann Taylor. So she can put her dog in the pictures if she likes, if she thinks the dog will behave well.

In order to do so Jenn, the owner, spent many hours training and socializing her. Stella was a mellow puppy to begin with, but Jenn deserves the credit for getting her to cooperate for the photographer. The Chanel model she's pictured with is also a dog lover, and couldn't believe it was Stella's first photoshoot.

This weekend Stella is going to Maine to run in the woods. My dogs are more well-travelled than I am!

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Stella was the 8 ounce baby right?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

nope 4oz. one of the two smallest. 8oz were my *biggest* puppies!

For contrast, Jake just sired another litter, with my friend's female. They were born over the weekend. She had 6 cardi puppies, none weighing under 15oz!

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
oh ok, I thought she was small, just forgot the weight. Fantastic that the new litter is bigger, though of course all of yours are doing well.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BannaOj:
Nell, in this case it was sheer luck. The owner, who was referred to me through the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club, is the director of Public Relations at Ann Taylor. So she can put her dog in the pictures if she likes, if she thinks the dog will behave well.

Ah, of course - connections. I should have guessed that it's all in who you know. [Wink]

So Stella might be popping up in numerous Ann Taylor ads in the future?

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!! That's awesome, Banna. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow AJ!
Your dogs are incredible!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's rather appropriate that the name of the puppy on the clothing catalog is Haute Couture... LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I was using Prada as her call name originally. Turns out Prada isn't technically a Haute Couture brand, you have to be registered with an organization in Paris to call yourself Haute Couture. After her new owner informed me of this fact, her call name was modified to Stella, because Stella McCartney is an actual Haute Couture brand.

AJ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.