FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Lesser of Two Evils

Author Topic: The Lesser of Two Evils
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend and I were having a late night disagreement yesterday. We were arguing on which was worse, childbirth or depression. I thought this was an amazing question so I thought I would pose the question to Hatrack. Which would you rather endure? I'm also not talking about the consequences of childbirth, only the actual act of giving birth. Which would you rather?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife loved childbirth, so I would have to vote for that.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Childbirth hands down. Depression can linger for years and affects all aspects of your life. Childbirth means at most a day or two of serious pain.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably [edit:] not postpartum depression. [Smile]

[ November 02, 2005, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: human_2.0 ]

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd tend to vote for childbirth, on the basis that it's relatively certain not to last for more than 24 hours, whereas depression may never end, and certainly tends to seem like it never will. (But then, I know women who would say the same of childbirth...)

On the other hand, technically speaking, I'm not physically equipped to give birth, so childbirth for me would probably be fatal.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a weirdo. I *loved* labor and delivery. And I didn't have any drugs, either. [Smile] I'd do it over again in a heartbeat (of course, I'd like to have the baby 'prize' at the end, too, please!).
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd tend to go with depression...you can medicate depression away, but children are forever. ;P
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nav
Member # 8812

- posted      Profile for Nav   Email Nav         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife also seemed to enjoy labor a little too much, so I'd go with that.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Childbirth is the lesser of the two, although for some the process is not just a few hours of pain.

I had to have an emergency C-section, and had complications. Add to that, the postpartum depression, but I'd do it all again for the joy of bringing life into the world.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.