FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Senate Endorses oid drilling in Alaska Wildlife Refuge (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Senate Endorses oid drilling in Alaska Wildlife Refuge
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
Most people wouldn't even consider them until faced with $4/gallon prices.

Just wanted to jump in and disagree on this particular point... the Toyota Prius, in particular, has been insanely popular, despite the fact that Toyota has a car with comparable capacity *and gas mileage* for about $10k less.

Even with the recent expensive gas, most hybrids, thus far, have not been cost effective over their alternatives for the projected ownership of the car.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
House suspends Alaska drilling push
Yeah!!!!!

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
True, but that while economically a poor choice, the truth is still that you use less gas, and put out fewer emissions with the same gas, as 90% of the vehicles on the road today.

I consider it a good citizen tax (which I realize is not affordable to all people, therefore, people who can't afford/have diffferent vehicle needs aren't bad citizens).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
The House eliminated it, but they still have to work out a deal with the Senate. In the end I don't think it will pass. This exact same thing has happened in the past what, 3 years? The House always knocks it down.

I'd be surprised if it passed.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.