FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So I met Paul McCartney today

Author Topic: So I met Paul McCartney today
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
At a book signing - a friend used his press pass to get us to the head of the 800-person-long line - and I couldn't think of anything to say. I told him so: "You know, I've been trying to think of something to say, and there's nothing I could say that you haven't heard before a million times, so...thank you."

He grinned, then paused a moment, looked me in the eye, and said "I can see it in your eyes, mate."

I left the bookstore tearing up a little bit.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

Paul is cool, I have like him since I was a kid. Band on the Run is one of the best tunes he did with Wings and I'd love to see him in concert!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] There were pictures in this morning's paper of the 'long and winding' line at his signing yesterday.

Congratulations on getting to meet him!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great story. Nice man [Big Grin] .

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
LUCKY!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul who?
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Erosomniac, where did you see him? 'Cuz I have a friend who saw him in a concert today in Portland, OR. Are you in that area?
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies of jealousy*

I saw him in concert two years ago in Tacoma...Paul is just.. Paul. Wow.

And I'm currently listening to "The Long And Winding Road" on repeat, so yeah. I'm fan. A fanatic fan who was born in the wrong decade. I SO would have been an Apple Scruff. In a second.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Seattle, WA, which is relatively close to Portland.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*scuff's shoe*

I've never met a single author. I wanted to see Asimov but I can't he's sadly left us for a better place.

OSC lives too far away, and I have no clue with Harry Turtledove or R.A Salvatore live.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
That's 'cause no one cool lives-in/goes-to Canada. [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, you do know that Paul McCartney is a musician, right?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
He's also an author, as I imagine he was signing his new book.

Anyhow, that's awesome that you got to meet Macca. The man's a living legend. I probably would have been flustered and tongue-tied and stupid if I met him, but it sounds like he had a great reaction to your comment. Congratulations.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Erso, I am so jealous! I really wanted tickets to that concert- have the past few times he's been here...but can never afford it. Lucky you!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
What a perfect answer! I love the Beatles and I've always held Paul McCartney in the highest regard because of his song-writing/piano/singing/musicianship. It's nice to know that he's a good guy too. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by beverly:
That's 'cause no one cool lives-in/goes-to Canada. [Wink]

Hey, that's not true. I live in Canada. What more could you want?
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
My God, he's still alive? I mean, like, he was big back in the, like, sixties.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
King of Men, you better damn well abdicate right now before I get angry.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? You and whose army?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

Don't you know that anytime someone asks that question an army appears out of nowhere followed by a "THIS ARMY!"?
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

I don't see no dashed army.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
You obviously didn't notice me in my super cool super hero suit and the whole American military might behind me. And I think that France and Britian are in their somewhere.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

>>>>Oh yeah? You and whose army?

Oh, everyone involved in Revolutions #1 and #9. And that's a lot of people. ANGRY people. Have you heard them? "BLOCK THAT SHOT!! BLOCK THAT SHOT!!" Have you seen the fights that break out at soccer games? It's dangerous. Plus there's Yoko. She's got some serious rage, as anyone who's heard her stuff knows. Run. Now.

GaalD
Member # 6222

See? See what I mean? [Evil Laugh]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful anwser(Paul's). Lucky you.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I probably would not have been able to even say what you said to him. I probably would have said something stupid like, "Is there really a Penny Lane?" Or something stupid similar to that that isn't that. You know, something stupid.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

*Waves hand airily*

Oh, well, American military might... I did say an army.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

You mean I can't call for help from the Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Reserves, or the Marines?

But maybe S.H.I.E.L.D? Surely, Shield can be my ally to combat the forces of the pagan monarchies.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
erso, that's very, very cool. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's 'cause no one cool lives-in/goes-to Canada.
If you like the werewolf/horror genre, Kelley Armstrong is excellent, Canadian, and rarely tours outside of there.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope no one takes my comment *too* seriously. [Smile]

I just think Blayne is fun to tease. [Big Grin]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.