FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am the Queen of Whinealot!

Author Topic: I am the Queen of Whinealot!
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This has so not been my week. Come. Listen to my story:

Thursday: Raging migraine. Turned into terrible chills, puking and a fever with body aches that would kill a large elephant. My skin hurt.

Friday: Missed school. My hair hurt and I was still sleeping with the heating pad.

Weekend: Did NOTHING. Felt like crap with a terrible sore throat.

Monday: Missed school again because my throat hurt bad enough to make me worry.

Today: Was determined to go to school, though my eyes were suspiciously red this morning. Went to school and I even felt FINE! I was a little congested and tired, but I was doing ok. I left the high school and during the 30 minute drive home two things happened: My ear canal filled with fluid and began to hurt like crazy and my eyes began seeping this disgusting crap.

So. Pink eye and an ear infection. I can't go to school again and I am SO PISSED OFF ABOUT THAT! I had to drive into school to write out more lesson plans for tomorrow because I can't give everyone pink eye.

I'm mad and sick and in pain and seeping. It's terrible.

What do you have to whine about?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that was some fine whine. *sends hot soothing tea*

me?

*patheticface* I can't sleep...

[which is why I'm listening to 'selected shorts' and bumming around on hatrack at 2 in the morning...]

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*pat pat* I hope you get to sleep soon. I took some Benedryl a while ago and it doesn't seem to be kicking in yet....anything to relieve this pressure in my ear!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
When can you go back to school? Isn't it usually 24 hours after you start antibiotics?

Feel better! *does not hug the germy person*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. Ear infections are no good, and pinkeye sucks! But I thought it wasn't infectious after a little while. Did you get it in both eyes? [Frown] And did they give you drops for ear pain?

My whining: I've been feeling extremely crappy lately. Sleeping way too much. Today, I became convinced that my throat was swollen. I still think this. It hurts. I'm wondering if it's mono, but I don't want to make an appointment to be tested. Besides, they can't give me anything for it. It would only be useful to know so I didn't spread it to anyone else, but knowing me, I'd forget I had it and spread it anyway.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Losing my job despite the fact that I am a good worker. It's the best job I've had too.
And I have not heard from my friend in 5 days.
Plus my mother needs to NOT call me at 5:50. That's just wrong. My nerves are fried!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you losing your job, Syn?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pats Cecily*

Feel better soon, sweetie. This is the seasoning period for folks working with kids. Take your Airborne, and wash your hands every five minutes, or everytime you touch something a child has touched. [Wink]

*Sending Cecily homemade soup via modem connection* Wish it could be for real's . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Thanks Shan. [Smile]

Syn, you have lots to whine about too. [Frown] I'm sorry about your job.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, this blows. I'm so sorry. [Frown]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*shudders* I remember my husband getting pinkeye when Emma was about 2 months old. I was terrified he was going to give it to her. And we had no money and no health insurance. His employer was sweet enough to notice he was horribly sick, pay for him to go see a doctor, and pay for his prescription. Even though he had no obligation to at all. He did things like that.

I first noticed that he had pinkeye when he had "sleep" that wouldn't go away, his eyes were red, and he kept rubbing them in Sacrament meeting. >_< I made him use hand cleanser before he took the Sacrament because I had a sneaking suspicion he had pinkeye and I didn't want him spreading it to the rest of the congregation.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor dear

<clucks sympathetically>

You just rest and take your medicine and have some chicken soup.

I am not afraid of hugging the germy person. Viruses can't get into computers, can they?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.