FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scrubs Season 4 out this week!

Author Topic: Scrubs Season 4 out this week!
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, guys, I dropped the ball on this one. Season 4 came out this Tuesday (Oct 10), and I was totally unaware. It was pure serendipity that I saw it yesterday in Bestbuy. Go forth, buy it, and laugh.

To spread the excitement, I've included some shiny new quotes:

JD: You think Turk would like it if I started calling him 'my brother'?
Carla: I don't know
[Turk passes by]
JD: Catch you later... my brutha
Turk: I'll holla.
JD:[to Carla] He said holla

--------

JD: Dr.Cox...
Dr.Cox: Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't 'See ya' then the third word will be 'Oh my god. My crotch. You've punched me in my crotch.'
JD: See Ya!

--------

Elliot: Oh, Dr. Cox, does this lipstick make me look like a clown?
Dr. Cox: No, Barbie, no... it makes you look like a prostitute who caters exclusively *to* clowns.

[ October 12, 2006, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: El JT de Spang ]

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn! I haven't even got the first season yet (its on my christmas list). I think all I'm asking for this christmas is tv show dvds.

*adding scrubs 2 to the list*

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, today is the day. I'm going on my lunch break to get two copies.

Friends Season 10 is also out today.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
What day is Scrubs on? I never seem to catch it. Why couldn't they just leave it next to ER? Makes sense that the medical people would try to catch both shows the same night, right?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even know the first season was out!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

I think it got moved to Thursday, but from what my brother tells me the new eps haven't started airing yet, though they should in the next week or two.
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! I always liked the show, but have never been able to catch it on even a semi-regular basis. Watching the first season on DVD was great. I can't wait to see the second.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

I watched the first episode of the second season on my lunch break and it was, predictably, hilarious.
Aerto
Member # 8810

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
I think it got moved to Thursday, but from what my brother tells me the new eps haven't started airing yet, though they should in the next week or two.

Actually, the new season of Scrubs has not been put on NBC's schedule yet and probably won't be until after the first of the year. NBC is treating the show terribly, but hopefully they will be smart enough to pair it with My Name is Earl on Tuesdays. That would be the best hour of comedy on TV.
Posts: 102 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
SG: Atlantis is out today too. And this time I was on top of things: the first two disks are wending their way from Netflix even as we speak.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
My friend and I watched the first two discs of it today, we just had a Scrubs marathon. Now that Arrested Development is being cancelled, it's really the only show I'll actually make an effort to watch besides Family Guy.

One of my favorite Dr. Cox quotes:

JD: Your ex-wife, she's the answer.
Cox: Umm, things that ruined my life, things that took half my money, things with sharp edges!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Bump starts here!

Season 3 out today. amazon.com

This season has some more great eps, and great guest stars. Including Michael J. Fox, Brendan Fraser, Tara Reid, Scott Foley, and Tom Cavanagh, among others.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
HOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

<runs to store>

<frolicks with joy>

Edit to add: Seriously, John McGinley is my hero.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
This is perfect. My roommate and I just watched the last episode of the second season a couple days ago. We had to pace ourselves.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Perfect for me too, I just finished Season 4 of the West Wing yesterday.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh happy happy day!
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Jux: You do realize we're going on a Northgate expedition PURELY for this reason, right? ^_^

And then we're watching the entire season. Without breaks. And no, you do not have a choice.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite episode of Scrubs is in this season. I think it's episode 14. With Brendan Fraser. John C. McGinley is amazing.

And season 3 has been out in Norway for a couple of months at least.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Well, watching the entire season got downgraded to watching the first disc. It was still awesome.

Look out for the episode where Dr. Cox hurts his back. I almost crapped my pants laughing.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, I hurt my back this weekend and "I can be your hero baby" just started playing in my head. [Big Grin]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! My awesome boyfriend remembered it was coming out yesterday and got it for me. We already watched most of the first disk.
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Hehe, I hurt my back this weekend and "I can be your hero baby" just started playing in my head. [Big Grin]
See, all I could think of when I heard that was Ja Rule's voice going, "HEROOOOO, AHHHHH!!!! ...I CAN KISS YOU, BAYBAY BAYBAAAY!"
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom ordered it for me last week for my birthday. Still hasn't come yet but there's a good chance my neighbors stole it off my porch again.

Its sad how many packages have never reached me.

*hopes Scrubs dvd is safe*

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

For those who might not get it, ero is rreferring to this.
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Scrubs Season 3!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Made it through disc 2 last night. Michael J. Fox's ep was really good.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
On Winamp's Shoutcast TV they have a channel that shows Scrubs. It starts with episode 1 of season 1 and runs through every single episode up until the very latest episode released, and then it runs through them all again. It is amazing. My brother keeps his playing pretty much all the time so we've seen seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (as much of it as there is) many times. And the best part is its free. Check it out.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

How is that legal?
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, never thought about it. But if you go in the media library in Winamp and click on "Online Media" and "SHOUTcast TV" you will get a list of all kinds of free streaming TV shows. Scrubs is just one of the many. You get Simpsons, Family Guy, News Radio to name a few.

By the by, they have SHOUTcast Radio too. It has many really good stations.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Season 4 is out! Make haste to the nearest purveyor of fine Digital Video Discs, and purchase this.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I am so excited!

It's too bad thieves stole my other scrubs DVDs [Frown]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.