FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » An interesting article on pot and parents in Maclean's

Author Topic: An interesting article on pot and parents in Maclean's
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw the cover of the new Maclean's magazine, I expected the article to be yet another biased anti-pot tirade. I was surprised to find a balanced view. (People on the other side of the debate might disagree with me, though.)

Here's the article:
Pass the weed, Dad

They also have several other pot-related articles in the issue, which can be found here.

I know we have one or two of these threads every week or so, but I wanted to share the article with you all, especially because of its focus on parents who smoke and how they relate that to their parenting duties. I'm sure those that care to have already participated in these debates, much like I have, and there's not much more to say... but anyway... read if you're interested...and if you have something new to say or something you want to counter in the article... share it here. [Smile]

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saberXedge
Member # 8841

- posted      Profile for saberXedge           Edit/Delete Post 
Any parent who smokes pot with their kids is a freakin moron.

Smoking pot reduces ambition. If you want your kids to grow up to be loosers the go ahead and smoke pot with them.

As someone who was a cronic user for more than 20 years (starting at age 16) I can assure you that it is not some benign drug that has no effects. It was not until I quit that I finally became a more ambitious and productive human. (And,BTW, it is hard to quit.)

As a school teacher I can assure you that when the students I have known that became regular pot smokers (usually boys) their grades, activities athletic activites and social lives slip or cease to exist. Life begins to focus on the drug.

Parents who turn their kids onto pot are selfish idiots. There is no reefer smokin "rite of passage" or "special connection" that is worth turning your kids into dopers for.

saberXedge AKA Krankykat

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.