FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is Why it's Illegal to Feed Alcoholic Beverages to a Moose

Author Topic: This is Why it's Illegal to Feed Alcoholic Beverages to a Moose
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
Drunken Moose Terror!
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that really cracks me up.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Pops, now really, did ya have to go and do it? [Smile]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a cow and her calf -- clearly not me, officer. *hic*
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get why it's okay to send a moose out to die for his country, but not okay to let him have a little drink now and then.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the Swedes did actually experiment with reindeer cavalry at one point. Great Nordic War, maybe? Or it could have been the Thirty Years'. Or it could be an urban legend specific to Norway, I dunno. I can't remember where I read it.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
We used to have a crabapple tree in front of our house, and in the spring all the birds would get drunk from the crabapples that had been sitting under the snow all winter. It was fun to watch.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad has a mulberry tree. The berries are very sweet and the tree is very prolific. My dad picks them for jams and pies and such, but still tons fall on the ground or are too high on the tree to reach, even with a ladder. They ferment and the birds get drunk on them, too!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandma used to pay my brother and I to pick all the crabapples off the ground. We'd put them in sacks and she'd weigh the amount. I probably earned a whole dollar a year that way! I had tons of fun doing it, though. She always warned us not to try to eat them.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Crabapples. Heh. I read it as crappables.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
What use are crabapples, then?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Crabapples make wonderful jelly. That's the only thing we ever did with our tree, but I'm sure they have other uses.
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

They also are good for crafts-- you can dry them and make dolls, wreaths, all kinds of things. They make good vinegar, I hear. And they can be baked with meats with tasty results. You just can't eat them raw, they give you an awful tummyache! *has done it* *regrets it*
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nell Gwyn:
Crabapples make wonderful jelly.

Indeed! I still remember the jelly my mom used to make, and we lived in that house almost 25 years ago.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

*gives Papa Moose a shot of vodka*
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

<Normally prefers gin, and had brandy tonight, but appreciates the vodka nonetheless.>
Joldo
Member # 6991

*mixes in gin and brandy for that extra little spark*
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I always wondered what happened to Bullwinkle. He is obviously dating older women and getting drunk.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.